Main Menu

Note on IP changes

Started by Fire Wraith, Jul 10, 2015, 10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanisaether

But I already have that IP Address AND the 5122 one...and they both say they're Offline. :I

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

The last numbers are 5126, not 5122. 5122 is for the event server, which is for DM events. :)

EDIT: I'd have to know your process for getting in-game, then. Have you tried Copy/Pasting instead of manually typing it out?

inanisaether

Well, I really do appreciate the help, but I think I'll go bug my buddy about it. He's a whiz when it comes to computer, especially NwN... But yes, my deepest gratitude and sincerest apologies for any inconvenience.. ;~;

inanisaether

Like Ctrl V? Where you high-light it then copy/paste?

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

Mhm. Highlight the whole IP address, CTRL C, go into the game and just CTRL V it into the address bar. Worked for me, see what it does for you. :)

inanisaether

I got it to work!!??! :'D So many feels...

Fire Wraith

There are a number of reasons, and it really depends on how NWN is registering whether it's online or not.  It may be using pings to contact the server IP, in which case those may be blocked.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Nevermore

I've had that happen before, when I log on and it says that the server is offline, but I know its not. I have to restart my computer and that fixes it.

Fire Wraith

We should be listed in the server listings if you're using NWNCX, now.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."