Main Menu

RJ Parrot-ay! And much good positive energy and well wishes.

Started by Arya, May 08, 2017, 11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arya

So, I just received news that RJ is indisposed due to some IRL crises. I have privately informed people of the information I have been allowed to say.

Everyone, please send her well wishes, prayer, and positive energy. She could use that right now.

And post cute bird pictures, too! I opened this thread for her. ;-) So she can have it...in-her-face when she gets home and that nice burst of good energy she needs!

All from the DMs, that I feel I can take liberty to post. Thanks,     ! 

Have fun! The more cuteness, the better!

Sincerely,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Misty

Am super sorry to hear of feeling awful. Hope you get better!
Of course you should fight with fire. You should fight everything with fire.
---
There's too many they consumed everything

Eredruie

Oh no! Sending well wishes and good thoughts :(  <3

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Darvins

Have some Music and some Geese Goosecam Final Mission

Arya

As I prepare a presentation, I cannot help but post this picture in the midst...

Please get bettteeerrrr!

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Arya

Valimar Dragonbane

RJ was discharged from the hospital late this morning and is home resting now.  They diagnosed her with diverticulitis, which is apparently fairly common.  She's got meds for it and should make a full recovery.

Thank you to everyone for the positive vibes!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

realityjumper

So the full story -

At a lunch meeting yesterday, my pulse went erratic, my breathing became labored, and I almost passed out. I went home and buried myself under 9 blankets and still couldn't shake the shivers. At 5 pm, my temp was a 101.5 (normal for me is 96.7). Val took me to the ER and by 6:30 pm, my temp was at 102.2. They were worried I had either a blood clot in my lungs or pneumonia due to the amount of pain I was in and the above issues.

Now, it has to be kept in mind that my pain scale is skewed. For me to be in pain, others would be passed out. Example: Two years ago, I had an "annoying" tooth ache. I ranked it a 3 on the pain scale. The dentist looked at it in shock and said "how can this be a 3??? It's infected and needs to come out. Most would tell me this is a 13." So for me to say last night was a 7 on my scale... it was probably closer to a 20.

The doctor argued with us AND the CT scan technician that I was wrong about being allergic to contrast dye and wanted me to get it anyways. Luckily the techs refused. After much pain medication, fluids and passing in and out of "sleep" (passing out?), at 12:30 am the admission doctor had me get a CT scan minus the contrast, then admitted me at 1 am.

6:30 am they sent in a phlebotomist that was not a Lead (despite it saying in my chart that's all that can touch me - PTSD and panic attacks due to past issues and screw ups). I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt... I shouldn't have. She twisted and dug. Then tried another vein, same thing. She had the nerve to be offended when I told her she wasn't allowed to touch me again. 8:30 am, another regular phleb walked in. "Are you a lead? No? There's the door." Offended again. But finally they sent a great one in. Once the last of those results came in, they finally diagnosed me with diverticulitis (usually only in older people, but they think my chronic dehydration and not eating well the last few weeks played into it).

I'm home now, but still in pain. Thank you everyone for the well wishes!
"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Eredruie

Sorry you had to go through that! Get well soon <3

Silveryfeather

RJ, hey. I wish you all the best, please get well soon. Let me know if i can do anything <3

Mystic Warden

Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

Jolena Ogden

I am so glad you are taken care of and on the way to feeling better :)

That so calls for singing!