Main Menu

Final Fantasy XIV

Started by Garage Trashcan, Jun 03, 2017, 08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garage Trashcan

Anyone else play? The next expansion comes out later this month and they're making a lot of interesting changes.

There a free trial that runs until level 35 with no time limit, and you can level all of the classes on one character, letting you really experiment with what you'll enjoy. If you enjoy crafting/gathering systems in MMOs, it offers one of the most in-depth systems that I've seen. Crafting/gathering isn't just a "profession" that you level by doing things in addition to your class, but each job is a full class with their own list of skills and abilities used to complete the task. Basically, depending on what you're gathering/crafting, you have a full ability rotation used just like a combat job would.

I'm on Hyperion (US) on the Primal data center.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

I used to play. Actually played it religiously on launch... Made a big, bearded Dragoon. People liked me because I was a Dragoon that knew that Big Circles On The Floor = Pain. :D
I think it's on the Top 3 of best MMO's out right now, but my available free time does not match up with the monthly paid subscription. If anyone's interested, though, I recommend it. Lotta fun.

Garage Trashcan

You weren't really playing Dragoon if you weren't floor tanking. :P

You can actually build cross-server parties now as long as you're on the same data center (they're working on cross-server friend lists), so if you ever do find your way back and are on Primal, hit me up.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich