Main Menu

"Holding Items"

Started by thedran, Feb 18, 2017, 08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedran

I have a question about the rule that was posted on February 8. The rule of item power levels and who should be having them. Thedran carries a collection of items that range through various levels, however he tends to collect the +5, which he gives away/sells to those who can use them. I don't think this breaks the rule, but I'd like to make sure considering the items he carries. 

ladybug

I think it was said that merchant PCs were all right so long as they sell to appropriate tier or do it piecemeal so it's not, like, "Oh, hi lvl 16 who just hit purples! Here is an entire kit of epic loots!"
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Arya

Yeah. My understanding is having one item given to a close relation/friend in-game who is right level or as a gift once in a blue moon is not a deal, so long as the person was/is not saving/waiting for a person to hit level. Even more appropriate is when someone is doing the merchant deal or has a task in store in exchange for an item. Daeatria makes folks do tasks/payments/favors for an older item of hers when appropriate level sometimes. Merchant or task/favors tends to facilitate roleplay, and that is definitely not something people discourage. It is when you  hand out an entire gearset saved for someone who hit level sixteen that becomes an issue, or something equally egregious. Or again, saving an item for a friend until they hit a level.

In short, if the person cannot use it and has not done something in-character to earn the item in some manner (even if make a kinship/friendship/working relationship), it is a no-no. 

That is my understanding! Admins are best to state the word.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow