Main Menu

Favorite underrated anime

Started by onivel, Apr 25, 2016, 03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamaisvu

Le Chevalier D'eon is probably the only one that comes to mind... It's rather good, and an alternate historical fiction set in France.

I used to be big on anime, but I honestly fell out of practice, although I do like indulging with the occasional Inuyasha.

onivel

belladonna Avatar
Apr 26, 2016 21:41:31 GMT -5  @belladonna said:
And click-killed people in the client.

Edge,

I hear you!

Bella,

That was classic. I still have fun telling that story.

None of her siblings have followed suit with killing someone from the client yet, though Raiden is certainly following in the proper gamer footsteps. CeCe got him addicted to Minecraft and Roblox. He started off on her account, and we ended up having to get him his own. 

---------------

Back to the Anime.. good to hear the names of some I have not heard of. I will definitely be checking them out.

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Kymus

belladonna Avatar
omg bwaaha

Garage Trashcan

Fire Wraith Avatar
It would probably be cruel of me to mention that I went to Universal Studios Japan, and saw the Attack on Titan - the Real exhibit and show? ;)
BUT DID YOU GO TO THE MONSTER HUNTER THEME PARKAKJSHDKJSAHDASDKJHASKJDHASDASD?

(I really like Monster Hunter.)
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

onivel

Kymus Avatar
belladonna Avatar
omg bwaaha

Short version of the story.... I was in the client and had my then 1.5 year old daughter on my lap as I would often do while playing or DMing. I had selected the whole group and was planning to have them do a skill check when my daughter suddenly slammed her hands down onto the keyboard and hit the "Kill" button thus killing all the selected party.

After I could compose myself from laughing, I asked them how they felt about getting wiped by a 18 mth old girl.

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Kymus

onivel Avatar
Short version of the story.... I was in the client and had my then 1.5 year old daughter on my lap as I would often do while playing or DMing. I had selected the whole group and was planning to have them do a skill check when my daughter suddenly slammed her hands down onto the keyboard and hit the "Kill" button thus killing all the selected party.

After I could compose myself from laughing, I asked them how they felt about getting wiped by a 18 mth old girl.

XD

Fire Wraith

Garage Trashcan Avatar
Fire Wraith Avatar
It would probably be cruel of me to mention that I went to Universal Studios Japan, and saw the Attack on Titan - the Real exhibit and show? ;)

Yeah, they had a Monster Hunter part too. You could get your picture taken killing a dragon, and all sorts of other stuff.

www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-01-15/universal-studios-japan-opens-cool-japan-themed-attraction-set/.97622

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Garage Trashcan

Fire Wraith Avatar
Garage Trashcan Avatar

Yeah, they had a Monster Hunter part too. You could get your picture taken killing a dragon, and all sorts of other stuff.

www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-01-15/universal-studios-japan-opens-cool-japan-themed-attraction-set/.97622

One day I will go there with my Monster Hunting pals. After I pay off all this student debt... *sobs violently into a bag of potato chips*

I'll stop derailing the thread now.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

onivel

Back to the Anime....

FW .. I looked into Gintama and found this... OMG I was dying laughing. I will definitely be giving the full series a look.

Fire Wraith

That scene was definitely awesome. ;)
It's even funnier when you get the pun, because 'kami' (神) means 'god', but 'kami' (紙) means 'paper', so when they all realize they're stuck in the bathroom stalls without toilet paper, they start saying "Kami, kami, kami..."
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

FaeFae

Is Monster underrated? I feel like doing a watch through of that one again. I think it is more that it is old, though. Hm!

Ryoko Honda

ClockworkMayhem

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Absolute favorite ever. I love it even more than I love Ouran High School Host Club (which is a lot, mind). 

But I love the opening theme to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai the best.

Not Batman

I am honestly shocked no one has said Bastard!!. It is basically D&D the anime. Enjoy a parody trailer featuring Bruce Campbell.

sinisteromnibus

Been watching all of the Jojo's Bizzare Adventure series lately. They're very good, and I'll admit I severely underestimated the entertainment, comedy, and just plain fun that that series has.

Also, despite what many say, I thoroughly enjoyed Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.