Main Menu

Book Recommendation Thread

Started by FaeFae, Jun 29, 2016, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwardfalcona

Dr Seuss's Cat in the Hat , its a classic , children get rambunctious when you have a cat baby sitter !

Cat in the hat

Dismus

Buzzfeed Article on 51 different fantasy series. I have read 18 of them and have heard many people recommend most of them.

Edge

S.A. Hunt

To put it bluntly, this is the second half of Steven King's Dark Tower series done right. I love Dark Tower, don't get me wrong, but the meta-ness of the later narratives definitely could have been done better. Hunt's Outlaw King series, beginning with The Whirlwind in the Thorn Tree, seems to begin as a semi-biographical tale of the son of a recently-deceased author of a gunslinging western fantasy series, except very quick into the tale he and two members of his late father's fan club are swept into the world of Destin, his father's - and now his - supposedly-fictional book series. And as it quickly turns out, not only is Destin real, but so is every "fictional" universe ever written of - all islands floating in the Sea of Dreams, a literal-yet-metaphysical/metaphorical sea of waters of inspiration. But something in the dark depths of that ocean wants to put a stop to such things....
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda