Main Menu

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Started by Garage Trashcan, Nov 23, 2016, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garage Trashcan

Edge Avatar
I don't play competitive, so the team I go through the story with is my team. Hence my complaints about some things not being available until postgame. ;)

Speaking of, how extensive is the postgame? Is there a decent amount of things to do, extra story bits to pursue, etc.? Or is it really just limited to a few small quests and the Battle thingy?
I typically have my "go through the game team" then make a "probably better, but really just cooler with different pokes" team. Most of my choices are hardly competitive, since I just use what I like to use and if I am playing competitive, that's what Pokemon Showdown is for because fuck breeding for hours and hours.

I just did the Ultra Beast questline and that took probably 2-3 hours and it nets you 1 million Pokedollars. Gonna catch the Tapus next.

As for the rest, I'm not completely sure, because it's all based on preference. You can complete Zygarde and get all the cells/cores, you can do the Battle Tree for funsies (though they are fully EV'd with competitive movesets, there), chaining for shinies, etc. It's also quite cool once you beat the Elite Four again, there's like 10 different people who will come challenge you for the champion seat, which is a nice mix-up and can keep re-playing them entertaining.

As for , I wouldn't worry about anything too much. 200 Pokeballs is overkill and he'll probably never run out of them, unless he's trying to use them on EVERYTHING. If it's his first game in the series, let him absorb and enjoy it at his own pace. If there's ever any questions, Serebii and Bulbapedia are your friend.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Edge

Garage Trashcan Avatar
I just did the Ultra Beast questline and that took probably 2-3 hours and it nets you 1 million Pokedollars. Gonna catch the Tapus next.

As for the rest, I'm not completely sure, because it's all based on preference. You can complete Zygarde and get all the cells/cores, you can do the Battle Tree for funsies (though they are fully EV'd with competitive movesets, there), chaining for shinies, etc. It's also quite cool once you beat the Elite Four again, there's like 10 different people who will come challenge you for the champion seat, which is a nice mix-up and can keep re-playing them entertaining.

Now that's cool, I like that. Thanks!

If it's his first game in the series, let him absorb and enjoy it at his own pace. If there's ever any questions, Serebii and Bulbapedia are your friend.

Yep, this is really the best info. I sent some advice on some of the few unusual quirks this game has - Mystery Gift Munchlax, demo Greninja, the Festival Plaza and Pokemon Refresh bonuses - but the game is very good at teaching the basics as it goes.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

onivel

Thanks much for the info... he has already downloaded the demo and played through it. Now he just needs to wait for Santa to come.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.