Main Menu

A Youtube Thread!

Started by allatum, Dec 13, 2016, 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allatum

We don't seem to have anything for interesting videos, So I'll start with some recent favorites I've found.
Legendy Polskie: the guys who helped the Witcher franchise do some of their cinematics have been into another project. They're some modern/sci fi takes on old folklores (and other things) of various sorts. They're all in Polish but the videos have decent English subtitles.

It starts with Smok (the Dragon)
this one is strange and isn't too heavily referenced in the others. The real meat of the connected storylines comes in from the Twardowsky duo.

Twardowsky
Twardowsky 2.0

And these two explain what's going on somewhat in the next two, Operacja Bazyliszek and Jaga.

Operacja Bazyliszek (Operation Basilisk)
This one has really good imagery in my opinion, with the dream sequences, and it happens in timeline a little before...

Jaga (Baba Yaga)
Which gives off heavy Witcher vibes with the music.

thorien

Teehee. I shared some of these videos with a few of you, but I had no idea they will go viral. Neat!

I am quite ready and willing to explain contexts and symbols that may be difficult to comprehend.

The Dragon istself, originally was a legend about how Poland came to be as a country, but, as you can see, they have decided to go quite another way with it. T'was also the first movie from the whole project and I think they were not exactly sure what to do then.

As for the music in Yaga, both its and Witcher's were inspired with Polish folk music. :)

allatum

Oh thanks! I just read up on the Wawel Dragon and the video makes a lot more sense now.