Main Menu

New Players

Started by Ryoko Honda, Nov 19, 2015, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Warden

Aha! Thank you Remmy!
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

silentsteps

As a newcomer to the server, I must take the opportunity to say what a wonderful world you've created here. Still a bit shy to approach IG and IC, but once I've found more solid approach to the character, can't wait to meet you!

Fire Wraith

Please feel free to hit us up in game, myself included, with anything we can help with. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

silentsteps

Hey! I might have missed it, but I think I read somewhere the year the IG has going on... But I can't find it anymore! Can someone help me and tell me what year is this world living in? :S

Edit: And is there any info on Highmoon? Saw posts of Velethuil but these places are far too interesting :D

Edge

As stated on the first page of this thread, the current IC year is 1378. However, nothing in canon post-1372 is canon on CD. So no Elven Crusade, no Rage of Dragons, no Spellplague. Lolth's Silence happened but it was off-screen and mostly ignored.

Velethuil is more the center of a lot of the activity in the Semberholme, especially among the elves, so very little comparatively goes on in Highmoon; it's rather a halfway point, too far from Arabel to really be the focus of most Cormyr-centric events, and since elven/Deepingdale events tend to focus around Velethuil and the Semberholme, it tends to get overlooked somewhat in that regard.

Any pre-4e material you can find on Highmoon is probably accurate to the state of CD's version.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Glory to Arstotzka

Hello everyone!

New player here.

Mostly making this post to say hello and offer a little feedback. ^^

Please make a public post for the required hak pak files.
It took me hours to finally find them. <.<

I know what you might be thinking that i'm lazy but not every player that wants to check out the server wants to dig into forum posts and undertake the strenuous task of registering :P

Fire Wraith

The link to them is stickied at the top of each forum. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Garage Trashcan

Glory to Arstotzka Avatar
Hello everyone!

New player here.

I know what you might be thinking that i'm lazy but not every player that wants to check out the server wants to dig into forum posts and undertake the strenuous task of registering :P
I'm sorry, but your papers don't look authentic. I'm going to have to ask that you step into this dark van with no windows. Security purposes, of course.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Edge

Garage Trashcan Avatar
Hello everyone!

New player here.

I'm sorry, but your papers don't look authentic. I'm going to have to ask that you step into this dark van with no windows. Security purposes, of course.
Ok, ok. You no like passport, I understand. I come back again with better one.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Edge

First off, welcome aboard =)

Secondly, regarding the "strenuous task of registering"... it's kind of a must for CD. A great deal of game involvement is tied into the forums, particularly the faction involvements and perhaps most importantly the announced quests. While it is certainly possible to play on CD without being involved in the forums at all, such a player will be extremely out of the loop when it comes to DM involvement, and will likely be unaware of plots and events going on, even the ones that are open for new participants, as prior signup is generally required.

While some DMs do run small ad-hoc events on the fly, most longer or more plot-heavy quests are scheduled in advance on the forums (with handy Calendar function! Check the links in the menu at the top-left of your screen) and, unless several participants fail to show, only generally allow the players who sign up on the forums in advance to participate to avoid overloading the DM.

Glory to Arstotzka

Garage Trashcan Avatar
Hello everyone!

New player here.

I didn't recieve any citations. I am a flawless inspector...y-you can't do this! *gasp*

silentsteps

By the way Edge, thanks for replying to the year question. I also just notice that everytime you logg in, it announcens in yellow text the current year and season.. So embarresing! >.<'

Deleted

Hey hey. New guy looking for some fun RP. So far so good. Like what y'all have done with that place. =D

Shoot me a pm, or a tell or...whatever you feel like if you see me IG and feel like playin. I'm EST. 

See you IG!!

Theorem of Neutrality

Hello, everyone. Many of you have met my paladin of the Red Knight, Yander, already. I just thought I'd introduce myself properly on the forums.

See you in-game.

Ogre Time Yay

Ya done good, new blood, ya done good, soon you'll be smokin' with ya boy Rick James.
Hold my drink