Main Menu

So, What are you listening to CD?

Started by Boots, Dec 16, 2013, 06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorien

I like it, Valiea. It's... soothing.

Nokteronoth

I HAVE TO SHARE THIS. Just. Wat. I don't even know, but it's amazing and so wrong at the same time.

soundcloud.com/sciptro/through-the-fire-and-trains

~BR

valiea987

Bela, that's amazing. I needed that song in my life. And now it is. I am a more complete person. ^.^

And thanks Thorien! Here's some more.

Another soothing Hooverphonic, Nightmares on Wax, and Emancipator!

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Yaldabaoth

Yeah, sure. I'll bite. (NSFW, or during Dinner or just...ever, really)

thorien

valiea987 Avatar
(...)

And thanks Thorien! Here's some more.

Another soothing Hooverphonic, Nightmares on Wax, and Emancipator!

Hooverphonic I managed to find earlier. ^^ Others are definitely good too!

Something for you then!

Arya

Found this by accident. Timo Tolkki, "Are You The One." Rather like it, though. Many on the Tube seem to think Sharon den Adel performed it.  I can see why, mind.

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Yaldabaoth

Arya, that's because it is Sharon den Adel singing.  Timo is just doing the, you know, everything else.

Arya

<.< Then why can't Amazon.com track it? Had to track the other. :P

~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Yaldabaoth

I have no idea.  I know that song gets labelled as a Within Temptation song by a lot of people, because of Sharon singing on it.

thorien

Yaldabaoth is right. Her voice is exceptional. :) Had a chance to hear WT live, about year ago and it was totally worth it. Sharon also participated in few more projects with other artists, though "Are you the one" is my personal favorite.

For example:

And that I even posted some time ago:

Arya

I am aware of that Thorien. :P

That said, I did some extra searching and it seems that she -did- do the vocals of that song. So yeah.  Her voice rocks.  I just do not understand why Amazon did not give her credit for it when selling the MP3 songs, so I thought Youtube.com fans were just being silly and mislabeling. 

Sincerely,
Arya

valiea987

Loved the songs! :)

Now here's a really, really weird one. This is from a band that does plunderphonics: taking records and cutting, editing, manipulating to make it sound something completely different. For this album, they used 3000 separate samples, and it is just beautiful! It isn't scratchy, nor is it just repetitious beats as happens with a lot of plunderphonics. The music video is also a really neat story.

thorien

Oh, come on, don't spoil my excuse to share pieces of awesome music Arya! :P

Valiea, I'll surprise you, I've heard it before. ^^ And, for something strange:

Yes, it is more than 12 minutes of song!  :D