Main Menu

Spot and Listen for Druids

Started by oarthias, May 03, 2014, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oarthias

It has bothered me for years that for what ever reason that NWN has denied us the skills listen and spot. I have no idea as to why they decided it should be a cross class for us when in the player's hand book it isn't. Is there any way we can fix it not to be the case. Because running around in the wilds blind and deaf is just stupid. :)

Deleted

Because druids shouldn't be hunters, right?  That's just rangers...

(I dunno why they did it.)

I'd love to see them get these as class skills too.

Arya

Ditto.  Then again, I am also partial to more out-of-class skills becoming in-class skills in general, but namely and especially ones that are such in PnP.
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Vincent07

I'll  be fixing a number of these issues with the hak change.  
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

oarthias

May I say Vincent that you will be my hero for a very long time. :)

modronlove

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?  Maybe, but the Druids won't hear it.

Darvins

Then I may be cheeky and also ask will it be possible for Druids to get Mask of a Thousand Faces as well? They get it at 13th and I think while vanila NWN can't replicate it, I think we have similar such stuff for half-fiends in game with that widget...

Fire Wraith

By "with the hak update" he means sometime in the year 2034.

<,<
>,>
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Not Batman

I wonder when he's going to start dangling the "hak update" over us like a carrot on a stick <.< Would be a good motivator.

Garage Trashcan

The last prediction was "this summer."

But maybe if FW learned to code better we'd get it a little sooner :P
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Darvins

Fire Wraith Avatar
By "with the hak update" he means sometime in the year 2034.

<,<
>,>
Huzzah! What that means the Server will still be running in 20 years time remember folks you read it here first :P

Fire Wraith

FW codes very well, thank you.  Just ask the murderous golems that Vincent sent after me the last time I took on a major coding project :P
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Vincent07

It only took me months of work to fix.  Really.  Months.

I'd have been done by now if not for the car wreck I got into.  It kind of ate up my class break.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel