Main Menu

Subrace feat for strongheart halfling.

Started by gonnar, Nov 24, 2020, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonnar

I am not sure if this is feasible but for this specific issue, having to wait for a Leto to get your feat can be somewhat troublesome for a new player. they can expect to be getting it soon, and request for Leto, and it takes enough to discourage them perhaps, since they created a new character for the first time and they can't properly play it.

My suggestion is that for this, to make a conversation based feat-add NPC. With only 3 or 4 basic typical feat picks. Weapon finesse, point blank shot, toughness,.. that way you already covering most of people's choices when creating a strongheart halfling and they can get their feat added instantly ig. Should they want specifically another feat, they request through usual means, but at least you've covered most people's choices and it also saves time from whoever does the Letos.

Cheers! and if it's a bad idea, im sorry!

Fire Wraith

I'm not sure adding to the conversation tree to select from various feats would be worth the effort, but we could certainly look at putting in, say, Toughness as a placeholder feat that could then be Leto'd into something else.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

gonnar

Fire Wraith Avatar
I'm not sure adding to the conversation tree to select from various feats would be worth the effort, but we could certainly look at putting in, say, Toughness as a placeholder feat that could then be Leto'd into something else.
Since I do not know how to code, I'll defer to you on what's and what's not worth the effort!
I pressume you mention toughness because it has no prerequisites. Sounds good to me! Gives something to the character while waiting for the LETO.
Thanks for the fast answer!

gonnar

belladonna Avatar
Nov 25, 2020 12:52:26 GMT -5  @belladonna said:
Honestly, putting in a "replacement" feat actually makes the LETO harder.
Oh, bummer.
Well, nvm then!
Perhaps then, make notice of the average waiting time for the LETO changes, so that a new player can decided with proper information if they want their first main PC to be one that requires waiting or not.
All in all, I have to say I'm having a blast in the server, and it hasn't been a detriment to my enjoyment. I just had to adjust the leveling process.

Fire Wraith

I did put in a stronger notice in the subrace selection conversation at least, so people aren't caught unawares. Overall though it shouldn't be something too crippling - you're really only losing the +1 saves in the meantime. Still, better to be aware than not.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

gonnar

Fire Wraith Avatar
I did put in a stronger notice in the subrace selection conversation at least, so people aren't caught unawares. Overall though it shouldn't be something too crippling - you're really only losing the +1 saves in the meantime. Still, better to be aware than not.
Fair enough! I might've not read everything since I was so eager to get started! Sorry!
And thank you for the responses