Main Menu

Taking Fall 2021 Break (a few weeks or months)

Started by Arya, Oct 06, 2021, 09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arya

Hi everyone,

As many of you know: I have been running stuff for almost two years now non-stop, with maybe a move put in or a two week break. Without saying TMI, it has impacted the quality of some of my events recently (not to mention my health).

So, I am going to be taking a few weeks or months off of running events after I finish what I have scheduled this month (including helping with an in-game wedding on the 23rd). I am still on the team, and have been given permission to take a little more than usual because of the time I spent on events. I just need room to breathe.

For those I might have disappointed as a result of my burn out (in events or engagement), I am sorry, I try and will try to do better in the future.

Everyone who has shared kind words and genuinely expressed having fun, past and present, I appreciate it - it means more than you might realize. I promise I am my own harshest critic on what I do.

For anyone who has a questline with me, I apologize for how this might inconvenience you.  I am not leaving or stepping down, though, again. I just need a few weeks or months.

The past few weeks have hit home that I have a lot on my plate already, and I need to prioritize the committee work I am doing right now for something bigger than myself. If anyone needs a storyline finished sooner, I will not take it personal if you want me to delegate anything I am doing for you, for the sake of pacing, and completely get it. :-) Just let me know and if you have a preference for which staff members to take over. Otherwise, I will work with the admins on taking care of that.

I may be working on some side projects, such as building for a character home, or my blog posts, but I need to step back from the storytelling for a spell. 

Thank you all for understanding. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, or I have caused. 

With love,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

onivel

As always...take care of RL and especially your health first. You are much appreciated. As much as we enjoy your events, we would much rather have you take care of yourself to be healthy mind and body.  
Oni
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Valimar Dragonbane

Ditto. Take care of your health - physical and mental. We'll be here when you're ready to do things again!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Arya

Just to clarify, if it was not clear in my post. <3 Since some misunderstandings came up in private messages.

I am still playing here, and am not going away anytime soon (unless someone kicks me out :-D).

I am also not being removed from staff. I just need to take a break from the staff stuff - burnout is showing in some of my storylines. I will still be playing. In fact, I am hoping to get more player-side related things done with my free time - like the restaurant.

If anyone has questions on my plots thus far, or what to expect with anything that needs to be on pause until I return, you have until the 23rd to ask them. Then I am going to go into the phase of asking people to not contact me about DMing things mode unless urgent or something immediately needs my attention - like plot information to help another DM run stuff (something that would be asked if I were just a player). I will reiterate this point closer to time or after the 23rd when I update my DM profile to indicate my DM-cation status.

Best,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Arya

I have posted the following to my DM profile. Please endeavor to respect my boundary. 

Thanks!

Best,
Arya

~*Effective October 24, 2021, I am on staff leave for a few weeks to months, at the very least until next year. Therefore, I am not taking any requests whatsoever until I return, complete projects on hold, and finish existing plots in my storyline queue below.

I am happy to direct people to folks who can help (as I would do so as a player). Also, I will answer questions about any storylines of mine being delegated or are put on hold (again, something I would do as a player). Besides these two situations, or existence-is-at-stake, I ask to not approach me about DM matters until I return.*~

Thank you for understanding.

Best wishes,
Arya
[DM] Lady of Pain