Main Menu

Our long absence

Started by ClockworkMayhem, Jul 19, 2014, 09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkMayhem

Hey, everyone!

SO and I have been away for awhile - we haven't had a chance to play in ages because I got a job, and now I work six days a week! (It's telemarketing and it's hell, but hey - pays a few bills). He's taken over homeschooling our squirts while he works on his writing, and he's going through an online journalism internship, so he's busy all the time.

Hope everyone's well, and if we can ever find a spare minute, we'll come back and play a bit!

Arya

I was wondering where you guys were!

Good to know that you are both safe. :-)  Look forward to seeing you two in-game.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

allatum

It's good to hear from you, and I'm glad things are going okay!

We miss you and hope the best!  

daphne

Sounds like your life is full.  That is always a good thing.  Take care and pop in when you can!

Goat

Glad things are going well!

Fire Wraith

Glad to hear you guys are still around - you're both missed! :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

theshobit

That's good news! I hope things continue to fare well for you two. : ) And, yes, you're missed!

ClockworkMayhem

Not such good news, actually - turns out the place was a scam, run by a guy who had been previously jailed in February for 2.3 million dollars in bank fraud. The office shut down for two days, then after we'd been told we all no longer had jobs, but that the sleazy floor manager would gladly give us all good references, we all get a call late at night telling us, "The office will be under new management - show up an hour early tomorrow to get your paychecks and meet the new management, so you can be ready to work at 10am." Seeing as how, from the beginning, I couldn't find anything good online about the marketing company, and nothing at all about the supposed medical alert system company, I figured it was a better idea not to go back.

On the flip side, the same day I was supposed to come back, I got an interview with Kelly Connect, and they're sending me my hiring paperwork sometime between now and Monday, so I will have a job again fairly soon!

Arya

Yay for the job opportunity!

Boo for the fraud and misfortune surrounding it.

Good that things are looking up though. :-)

~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

YAY!  Way to go for sticking it out in the Job world.  Some places suck, some are undesirable unhealthy spots, and some others rock.  So, here's to you, best of luck!