Main Menu

New Player Feed back and Questions (and some suggestions)

Started by xf1313, Apr 22, 2022, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xf1313

First of all I really enjoyed this server so far, and the cities are beautiful, unique. Playing Alanee Goldenblade so some of you might saw me around Arabel lol.

1. New player experience: a bit 'John Snow' here, there are many kind players who do not mind answering questions. The pawn shop is my favorite! I love how players can find nice gears when others sell them. Also no looting remains improve life quality.

Not much I can say about race or class, no experts 

language! Please, list out which classes have bonus language. I learnt that rdd has no draconic in game and now I regret taking elven and celestial...

Love how we get good magical weapons with no crafting involved.

2, Main problem I faced: the lack of quest and not knowing where to go is the worst. The eyes and ears only got 3 quests before they send me to west and east. Where the description of monster lairs are very unclear. I was in a lot of pain trying to find where they are.

3, Question, can I ask dm for character relevel? I feel that the first character is definitely going to make mistakes. I would like to relevel when my pc gets to higher level to get the right feat and skills, is that allowed here?

Maybe, please let's have a wiki as well? Like Arelith with class info and maps there. Map is so important...and I do not think make people lost is any bonus to immersion. It is super frustrating to locate dungeons 

another suggestions is to offer more or repeating quests, it feels right for adventurer to finish jobs for living. Also it feels like less grinding.

torgrimmerr

I love the RP on the server. (Still trying to remember in most cases to use RP even in asking questions)
With that said, feel player are very nice and helpful even the RP forgetful cases. I agree  with (xf1313), the lay out and cities are beautiful. I also like the skins on the Horses. The intro zone where to set up Character, is an awesome  idea, especially with the amount of starting coin to buy starter gear of your choice.

Suggestions:

1. Agreed with (xf1313), a wiki would be great, We need to have maps with marking of quest entrances and store location would be very helpful for us new player to the server.

2. Also more safe areas to rest in taverns.

Onther then that, everything is great and fun.

Josh (Torgrimmerr Redbeard/Balvard)

Edge

As stated in the other thread, dungeon locations are deliberately not publicly posted, to encourage exploration and interaction with other PCs to locate them. If you're having trouble, feel free to ask around with people in-game - most will happily give directions to where something is located.

Relevel requests can be posted in the Relevel/Rebuilds forum, and unless your concept is drastically changing we typically approve them.

A map is pinned in the server's Discord in the general discussion channel. I don't recall if it's also posted somewhere on the forums, off the top of my head, but if it is I imagine someone will link it soon. I'd go looking for it but I sadly don't have much time left on my lunch break.

A wiki has been attempted to be started on multiple occasions but never gets off the ground. We just don't have enough interested people with the time or inclination to put the project together. What we do have is the Player Resources section here on the forums, and the /help command in-game, both of which are pretty thorough! If you do notice anything odd about the former, please post in Bugs - there are the occasional miss or glitch to fix. Also, always trust the forum write-ups over the in-game ones for things like feats, spells, etc, as the in-game ones are regularly out-of-date because editing the .tlk file is a pain.

In-game quests are mostly to get you started and help get your character up into the level 10-12 range, as that's when DM events really start; very few run events for lower levels than that. Keep an eye on the Announced Quest forum, for events in your time and level range - our DM staff is fairly active and new events go up on the regular.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

torgrimmerr

Edge Avatar
As stated in the other thread, dungeon locations are deliberately not publicly posted, to encourage exploration and interaction with other PCs to locate them. If you're having trouble, feel free to ask around with people in-game - most will happily give directions to where something is located.

Relevel requests can be posted in the Relevel/Rebuilds forum, and unless your concept is drastically changing we typically approve them.

A map is pinned in the server's Discord in the general discussion channel. I don't recall if it's also posted somewhere on the forums, off the top of my head, but if it is I imagine someone will link it soon. I'd go looking for it but I sadly don't have much time left on my lunch break.

A wiki has been attempted to be started on multiple occasions but never gets off the ground. We just don't have enough interested people with the time or inclination to put the project together. What we do have is the Player Resources section here on the forums, and the /help command in-game, both of which are pretty thorough! If you do notice anything odd about the former, please post in Bugs - there are the occasional miss or glitch to fix. Also, always trust the forum write-ups over the in-game ones for things like feats, spells, etc, as the in-game ones are regularly out-of-date because editing the .tlk file is a pain.

In-game quests are mostly to get you started and help get your character up into the level 10-12 range, as that's when DM events really start; very few run events for lower levels than that. Keep an eye on the Announced Quest forum, for events in your time and level range - our DM staff is fairly active and new events go up on the regular.

Thank you Edge for Clarifying our suggestions and for giving us a better insight in the functions of the Guild, Thanks