Main Menu

Event Calendar

Started by daphne, Aug 22, 2014, 05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daphne

Does anyone know how to make one of these on the forums?  I think it would be helpful to see at a glance what scheduled events there are on tap, without necessarily having to go through all the forum posts on the various threads.  Could be used for both PC- and DM-driven events. 

Does that sound like a helpful idea?

Arya

I think it does, really.  At the least, it would be convenient for those DMs who want to look at a calendar, and then post something.

In turn, it would be helpful for players who just want a quick look - especially those with a hectic real life.  And then they can click on the event in question for the announced quest?

Someplace had something like that.  Forgot if it was here, or another place.  Either way, even having a calendar that had stuff at a glance could be helpful.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Vincent07

Alright. I enabled it.  Top of the page, there should be a Calendar link now.  Anyone can view it. Only staff members can create events at present.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Arya

After we see whether this idea goes well or not, get feedback, etc, would you consider the possibility of faction/group leaders getting the privileges, as well?

~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Vincent07

That could happen.  I'll need to either create a 'Faction Lead' group or get them listed somewhere though.  Still figuring this system out.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

daphne

My goodness that was quick!  Thank you very much!