Main Menu

A mini break...

Started by theshobit, Sep 07, 2014, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theshobit

Some may have noticed that I sort of vanished all day, yesterday. Due to my boss's broken leg, she's going to be out a while and our corporate office mentioned that whatever vacation days we have left... we may not be allowed to take them. Mind you, policy is "use them or lose them" since they are not carried over. They said they "might" let us carry them over to next year, but nothing's concrete, or in writing. For now, my weekends are likely going to be filled with 'taking a small vacation' rather than simply relax and spend more time in CD. I'm still around, just more scarce! *group hugs*

Arya

*Huggle.* Hope things sort themselves out!

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

We'll be here if you need anything.

Mystic Warden

I feel your pain. I worked for a big corporation for years... *hugs*
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

onivel

Take care hun.. and yeah.. don't trust anything that did not go out in writing.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

thorien

Take care and take your time. We'll be right here, waiting for you. :)

theshobit

Bookkeeper clarified, thankfully. It was a request and not a demand. Looking at my medical bills has me bummed, for now.

Colin Mack

I don't like the idea of use them or lose them generally i think an employer should allow some leeway on this kind of thing as it can be swings and roundabouts though i do work for a large government department.