Main Menu

Alter Self Request

Started by FaeFae, Dec 17, 2014, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaeFae

I absolutely dig the custom content on this server!

However, I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the duration of Alter Self to bring it more in line with its pnp counterpart. It is a very fun spell, but people cannot always type quickly and sometimes take breaks in the middle of things, which has the spell drop and one is not supposed to recast it without resting or dispelling it completely, else it bugs out a bit. The limited duration sees it drop quite a bit.

At the moment it is one turn per level, which is one minute.
In pnp it is 10 minutes per level, so roughly ten times longer than it currently is mechanically.

I think this is just changing a few lines in the script, but up to you guys if you want to do it or not!

Thanks for reading.  :)

Darvins

As far as I know the problem is it also grants Fly? Otherwise I really agree with this, if that is the problem, is it possible to add a none fly version of the spell with the extended duration because, as it stands for anything other than granting fly (for which we have the fly spell) it's... not really all that useful, it's too short for use as a Roleplay spell. Anyway sorry if adding this was out of line, but yeah most of what Amalgrim says I really agree with, in many ways I'd rather have the spell not grant fly but have the roleplay use than add fly and be short.

trylobyte

Its duration is quite short, I agree, unless you're a dedicated caster in which case you probably took something else.  I wouldn't mind a duration increase for roleplay purposes.

Mystic Warden

If the issue is the fly ability it gives, than the fly widget's presence could be kept at the current (short) duration of the spell, so it doesn't make the actual 3rd level Fly spell obsolate. While on the other hand the appearance change (which is more for RP purposes) could be make longer.
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

Vincent07

I'll adjust the duration with the next update.  I thought I had before, but after looking over the script I realized I was altering the wrong section.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Atomic Twinkie

Good job Vincent. 10/10 - IGN

FaeFae

Darvins

Woot! I'm drunk and thus having nothing more indepth to add

Colin Mack

Vincent07 Avatar
I'll adjust the duration with the next update.  I thought I had before, but after looking over the script I realized I was altering the wrong section.
That would have been awesome if it had some random effect.. alter self too.. oh god i am now a stay puft marshamallow man.