Main Menu

Mystic Theurge question

Started by goodapollo, Feb 21, 2015, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodapollo

If I make a sorcerer 4/mystic theurge 10- counting as a level 14 sorcerer. Which on of these is correct:

A. I have the spells and spell slots of a level 4 sorcerer.
B. I have the spells of a level 4 sorcerer, but the spell slots of a level 14 sorcerer, for metamagic purposes.

Regardless, if I take that character and add a sorcerer level, do I get a spell choice as if I'm a leveling 5 sorc, or a level 15 one?

Edge

I believe it's closer to B, but I'm not for certain. Long story short, Sorc (and Bard) does not work properly with PrCs. If you want the class (or any other like it, such as Eldritch Knight or Arcane Trickster) to operate correctly, you need to be a Wizard.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

goodapollo

Yeah I was trying to find some way around that. Wizard it is. Thanks!

Edge

Unfortunately no way around it. We've tried using LETO as a work around, in-game scripted spell assignment, and other methods. The game refuses to give Sorcs more spells-known than their actual Sorc level would allow, meaning it's probably blackboxed.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

NorthWolf: Doge Edition

I totally forget if this server is running on a Linux distro or Windows, but if you're willing to consider in-game scripted spell assignment the nwnx_funcs plugin has something to the effect of:

/* Get the spell at nIndex in nSpellLevel in oCreature's spellbook from nClass. */
int GetKnownSpell (object oCreature, int nClass, int nSpellLevel, int nIndex);

/* Set the spell at nIndex in nSpellLevel in oCreature's spellbook from nClass. */
int SetKnownSpell (object oCreature, int nClass, int nSpellLevel, int nIndex, int nSpellId);

That's from the Linux nwnx_funcs.nss include but there should be functional equivalency if you're using Windows.

Mind you it'd be a pain to actually script and you'd have to use some sort of conversation-based spellbook system, so... it's still not the best solution in my opinion, but posting in case it helps.