Main Menu

grad school, company and stuff

Started by realityjumper, Apr 27, 2015, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realityjumper

This has been a rough semester for me.

I started grad school and I'm currently attempting to finish up a massive research project. I've had some nasty stuff going on at work (way beyond the regular "oh crap, bad day" kind of stuff), horrendous bout of bronchitis (only have 60% lung function to start with) and there was a scare that my cancer might be back (after 4 Stage-IV relapses, I had finally hit 5 years clear only to have that setback this spring) .

As something of a reward, Arya is coming to visit! I will be offline from May 1 - May 10.

The rest of May will be spotty as my job is going through a massive restructuring, and the building is going through a remodel, and I have several graduations to go to. I'll be taking an intensive online course over the summer, but will be around more.

For those I've failed this spring, I'm really really sorry. For those that still have things outstanding with me, please PM me and I'll put you at the top of the list.

"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Arya

A reward?  Are you sure you do not mean punishment?  ;-|

Mwahahaha.

~Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Atomic Twinkie

Nevermore

Going to miss you being around, but do what you must to take care of yourself. We will all be here when you get back! Have a happy visit you two!

valiea987

realityjumper Avatar

This has been a rough semester for me.

I started grad school and I'm currently attempting to finish up a massive research project.

Ouch. >.< The first semester is pretty rough. I'm just now finishing my coursework, so I know your pain. Best of luck wrapping it up!

onivel

Take care of yourself RJ.... the RL stuff is always most important. We'll be here when you are ready.

You all have fun with the visit and post some pics .
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Arya

We will see. XD I am pretty vain and picky about what pics I show. Blame me taking a class in Photography.

~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Ogre Time Yay

Was hoping to surprise you and Val with something, but unfortunately I'm extremely slow when it comes to drawing and ended up scrapping and restarting this project 3 different times. I'll keep at it, on the other hand, I hope you all have fun! I'll have gotten back into the CD groove by the end of May, so as onivel said, we'll be here when you get back. :)

theshobit

Have fun you guys! You'll be missed.

realityjumper

Atomic Twinkie Avatar
Pics or it didn't happen.
You never said it had to be the actual people... So we drew ourselves on the sidewalk with stale marshmallows.
"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Atomic Twinkie

Colin Mack

I like marshmallow people they taste better