Main Menu

CD PW Information

Started by Grizzt, Apr 13, 2015, 07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzt

I may have just missed this when going through the forums, but I am curious as to the preferred or expected player roles on the server when it comes to role play, action or a mixture of both. I'm assuming that it is a mixture of both, but leaning more to the RP side to avoid "power" gaming. 

Edge

Not.... really sure what you're asking?
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Nokteronoth

I think he's asking if it's more action (fighting) based or RP. I'm not entirely certain.

~BR

Atomic Twinkie

Simple answer is that it's an RP based server with 'dungeons' that you can plow through. There's fighting to do if you want to, but you don't -need- to, technically speaking but it might speed up the process.

In terms of power gaming, you can build however you want, be as powergamey as YOU want, without breaking the rules, but remember that if you have 8 charisma, you'll be no prince charming :)

Grizzt

That's what I was asking. Is there elements of both RP and Action or solely just RP.

Valimar Dragonbane

I'd say, by and large, that its RP with Action.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Fire Wraith

Everything needs to fall within the realm of Roleplay. We don't particularly care if you tweak or twink within that scope, but it is very much a server about Roleplay, Character Development, and ongoing storylines.  Action and powerbuild style is not an expected aspect, merely a Tolerated one.

You will find that it is definitely not a "good thing" if people perceive that a given player cares more about stats/items/etc than about the roleplay. The more someone pushes the limits of that tolerance, the more likely it is that things will creep into abusive territory.

A good example would be things like rebuilds and relevels. These require approval because we expect that they will stay within a given concept of the character.

I would also posit that a well-roleplayed, interesting character with a detailed background that's fun to interact with, that happens to be lower level with no particularly great skills in a dungeon, is going to be a much better fit for the server than a max level uber dungeon basher who has all the roleplay depth of a sheet of cardboard.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Arya

Valimar Dragonbane Avatar
I'd say, by and large, that its RP with Action.

I disagree.  Action servers tend to have more PvP in them and CD's environment, while there is definitely conflict elements, tries to steer away from having too much of it.  Not always perfectly, mind, but still.

The dungeon crawling aspect I think is the bigger action piece.

~Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow