Main Menu

Rename/Label Containers

Started by Hand_of_Banath, Apr 23, 2016, 08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand_of_Banath

I know some players like myself are hoarders, we keep allot of clutter. Would it be possible to add additional functionality to the writing system/script or a completely new wand/widget that would allow the labeling or renaming of containers.

Either a full rename, or if the base item name is desired to be kept (which I think it should) an addition like Sturdy Trunk - Wands or Sturdy Trunk (Wands) would be a great idea.

Ogre Time Yay

ladybug

I could be mistaken, but I thought hoarding was something that had a pretty good impact on server lag and would probably be better to discourage than enable.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

lb7

ladybug Avatar
I could be mistaken, but I thought hoarding was something that had a pretty good impact on server lag and would probably be better to discourage than enable.
While there is some truth to that, that does not make trying to search through bags and find that spare wand of healing, or a different cloak for fire resist, etc, any less painful.

Kymus

This would be nice. Traorin is designed to have everything for every situation and this leads to 12 containers since he's a dex build and needs to shave weight >_>

Hand_of_Banath

lb7 Avatar
ladybug Avatar
While there is some truth to that, that does not make trying to search through bags and find that spare wand of healing, or a different cloak for fire resist, etc, any less painful.
Exactly, I don't know anyone who is discouraged by the current system of bags. And unless there are plans to impose an item limit or a bag limit, then I mostly consider this addition to just make life easier.

Edge

We've been tempted. Very, very tempted.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Deleted

Our ILR uses the color-coded names to determine whether or not you are appropriate level for gear.  Unless such a widget is created with a script that only allows the renaming of containers, there is the easy possiblity of bypassing this system.

Also, our heavily-busy scripting admin has a far longer list of needed fixes in the works.  This, while it may be a convenience for many, is not essential.

Arya

To the suggestion of scripting more things.

It is more like... Why should we have a need to make such restrictions and limitations? A lot of times, we hope people will use common sense and try at least to not be excessive about things like hording. Or anything else that can be disruptive or abused. 

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Edge

Sadly, experience has proven that hope to be misplaced.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Kymus

Edge Avatar
I swear I have no idea how my lvl 3 PC got equipped with all that +5 gear. Someone else must've done it!

Garage Trashcan

Kymus Avatar
Edge Avatar
I swear I have no idea how my lvl 3 PC got equipped with all that +5 gear. Someone else must've done it!
Please report this bug to the admins. Level 3 characters should only be able to hold up to T2 gear. Anything T3 or higher will be dropped by them automatically.

/kappa
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Edge

Vincent07

Actually, the ILR isn't reliant upon the database, luckily.  Just the colour coding.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel