Main Menu

The CD is Moving Thread

Started by Fire Wraith, Jun 27, 2015, 07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire Wraith

So as I posted in another thread that many may not have seen, CD is moving. By this I mean I myself am moving, to a place outside Richmond Virginia. This will entail some minor disruptions to CD, but shouldn't be anything major. It will also lead to some more impactful disruptions on my time online in the next few weeks. This is to give you all a heads up on what that is, and if there are any changes to that.

Here are the big dates:

3 July: Fire moves down.  Internet Access for FW will be spotty until full hookup is made as I surf nearby cafes and wireless and such. The physical server will remain in its current location, and should stay online (though I won't have direct physical access).

11 July: Planned move of the physical CD server assuming that internet access is hooked up at my new place by then. This will entail a downtime of ~3 hours in the early to mid afternoon timeframe (EST). IP Address will change, and new information will be posted regarding that.

18 July: Backup date for the move if internet access is not up at the new place by then.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Fire Wraith

So I may go ahead and do the server move on 5 July, in the morning. This will make it easier to fix or correct any minor problems with connectivity, and make sure everything is working.

The timeframe for the downtime would be roughly between 8am EST and sometime between Noon and 2pm EST, roughly.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Fire Wraith

Move is complete.

New server IP is 108.4.18.208, same port as before.