Main Menu

PnP - Shadowrun. Interested?

Started by Wittle Dreamer, Jun 18, 2015, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittle Dreamer

Heya you guys!

I have been wanting to start up another campaign on the roll20 for Shadowrun 4e. I'm still looking for a few more players who would want to join.

For those who do not know what Shadowrun is:

Shadowrun is based in a world that is run mostly by huge companies. Some of those companies are lead by Great Dragons that hold vast amounts of power. In Shadowrun you play the 'criminal.' You take shady jobs that are usually ment to deal harm to the big companies all for the reason of getting a paycheck at the end of it, or maybe just out of kicks. Shadowrun is based in the future. We'll be playing in the year of 2073.

The Plot:

I won't give away much but the group will start out with a usual job that leads into something very big. It'll have a good portion of horror and also vast amounts of intrigue. You can solve the campaign in any way you wish (or not if your character is not up for it!). No railroading (most of the time as sometimes someone just may come to you instead of you to him, etc) and we'll be playing more or less open world. I still have not decided if we'll be playing in the setting of Germany or Manhatten yet, so I'll put that up to vote to.

What I need from you who are interested:

Your roll20 Username/email to send out the campaign invite:

A potential concept you had in mind (If you need help on this because you do not know Shadowrun, just write it here. I'll be glad to help):

Your experience with Shadowrun so far:

Current Roster:

DM: Zilvai (Me! :D)

Tobi: Close Combat Adept

Thorien (Maybe): Combat Oriented Character / Potentially an Adept

Luciro: Gunner

Onivel: Rigger / Hacker or Technomancer (Decker)

Three Guesses: Ranged Tactician

suddenperihelion: Stealther

Fire Wraith: ?

sornduskryn: ?

You can also add me on skype: Zilvai Nyam Nyam or Xervii

threeguesses

I could certainly be interested. I will whisper conspiratorially with you about this.

onivel

Been ages since I've played Shadowrun. Love the setting. For those of you who have seen the movie Johnny Mnemonic with Keanu Reeves, that is effectively the setting.

I'd love to run some sort of Decker or Rigger.

Unfortunately I don't have any of my old books for this anymore so might need some help getting setup. Last time I played, I played an Otaku.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Calabask

I'll give this a shot! I've heard good things about Shadowrun but haven't played it myself!

ClockworkMayhem

I've played it, but between what I do on the server playing/DMing, the World of Darkness campaign I'm running for friends, homeschooling my squirts (one of whom has been sick for a solid month come Saturday if he doesn't get any better before then) and the (now) occasional writing I do for GameSkinny (once the kid's better, I'll be resuming my internship there), I just haven't got the time. But enjoy! It's a great game.

Fire Wraith

I _live_ Shadowrun now, just without the elves orcs and magic. ;)

I don't know that my schedule will permit joining up right now, but I'll keep on the periphery for future games or joining later, perhaps! :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

I would be interested in joining.

Wittle Dreamer

Aiming for a game this friday. I would all like you to write available times here, preffered in GMT +2. Also if you need a character still, please nudge me.

Fire Wraith

Moving on Friday. Internet access questionable, probably not until late afternoon/evening GMT -4.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

onivel

I'll catch you later.. hopefully tomorrow omn character generation. I just got back from fam vacation. I can do Friday but not until late, I work until 6pm (US Eastern time so currently GMT -4). Also  .. this weekend is Independence Day weekend for us int he US.. which means lots of booze and blowing shit up. Late Sat night or about anytime on Sunday would be better for me due to planned events for the holiday weekend.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Ogre Time Yay

I would like to, but I feel I'd screw the whole thing up.

Wittle Dreamer

Going to postpone this for another time. Did not get enough affirmations yet.

onivel

Alright.... hopefully we can make it work. Sorry I have not had time to Skype with you. Rl has had me a bit overrun and our Time Zone difference hasn't helped.