Main Menu

Ranger and dualwield

Started by Wittle Dreamer, Aug 13, 2015, 05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittle Dreamer

Does Ranger still get the dualwield feats and can use them even if they do not have the dex for it?

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Wittle Dreamer

enarian123

just a note, that feature only works in light or cloth armor.  

Edge

We actually give them Ambidex and TWF for free at level one as well, so that they can dual-wield without penalty in Chain Shirt. It's part of our attempt to adjust from 3.0 to 3.5 mechanics, where Chain Shirt was Medium Armor in 3.0 then changed to Light in 3.5.

But yes, anything with AC 5 or higher, you shouldn't be using the dual-wield if you don't have the Dex to support it, despite the mechanics of the game technically allowing it.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

enarian123

another reason CD be great.   Sorry for my wrong information.   In the past when helping people with concepts I often had to point that nwn feature out.  

Edge

No worries, I figure not everyone's aware of all the alterations we've made.