Main Menu

Lore and changes therein

Started by morwen, Dec 16, 2013, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morwen

How about a "Server Lore" thread someplace with Cormyr/Daleslands Project changes to official Hasbro-derived or novelization derived lore? Something prominently placed with a timeline or something?

Rather than have to explain to people what did or didn't happen in our variant of the 'stock' setting. Somewhere online there's a master FR timeline (I have it myself somewhere...somewhere...*looks at the closet with fear*)

Edge

A history of CD's own timeline appended to that wouldn't hurt either, if we can cobble together the major events that occurred over the... nearly eight or nine years this thing has been running? Somewhere in there?
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

morwen

That's what I was thinking- at least the high points like the Whispers thing and the Velethuil stuff - New people might find it fun to riff off stuff like that when inventing their own ideas. Plus it sure would help DMs who may have no been around for some particular episode understand how various characters here have progressed and their place in the settling.

Dismus

The farthest back main event I can remember on the server is the Khaosbane wedding. ;) Circa summer of 2006

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Dismus

I just remember it because on that particular day I had to wait almost 2 hours to get in to the server  because of everyone trying to get on for the wedding.

Edge

The bride almost didn't make it for the exact same reason.

Vincent07

If someone has time to type such a thing up, great.

I do not.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

The Red Mage

I'm trying to remember things that happened before Rebirth, but none of those things were over FW scolding me for trying to play liches, cat girls, and me getting mad at a DM for sending a dwarf I was RPing with to jail. I thought it was rude, because it interrupted our RP at the time. Oh, the good days.

The first real event that had any impact on me that I can recall after rebirth was the Goblin thing by Lumnakar where my character Carmine Tisdale was heavily involved(well, I like to think she was anyway) and came up with that portal theory. The quest still haunts me to this day!

morwen

Maybe if we all pooled our knowledge. I was a totally peripheral, yet pretty consistent player from 06 or so on until a couple years ago so I don't know much of what was going on. I remember participating in the shadow war/Tilverton stuff and that's about it.

Dismus

I think that is a good idea. I can make a google document that people can add to then we can add it to the server after we get some of it fleshed out.

morwen

awesome- thanks- I think a lot of the players who've contributed so much over the years will get a little charge out of seeing some of their achievements rolled out- and justly so.

Dismus

As soon as I have something up I will share it on here.

Edge

Awesome. I'll toss in what I can =)