Main Menu

Back..... again!

Started by Kymus, Jan 25, 2014, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kymus

I swear this place is crack... omg...

Alrighty, so... hi!

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've come back.. I forget when I originally started playing in CD. It says that I joined the old forum in 2008, but I swear I was doing things on here before then...

I originally came here, played, got distracted, came back, played, got distracted, and now I'm back again (at least until I get distracted.. >_>). Crack I tell you, crack. Totally. I guess what keeps bringing me back is the roleplay. I like designing new characters, thinking up their stories, and setting them off in to the wild to do what I designed them to do and create their own little story in the world. I love the flexibility of the D&D system; it's second to none I think.

I've been re-playing Baldur's Gate (via the Enhanced Edition) lately, and while I of course love love love it... it's not CD.. It's like a chocolate caramel without the sea salt. It's like... well, let's just say that I didn't realize I'd be yearning for this all over again.

I thought to myself "naw, I couldn't go back to NWN... too dated... no no.... maybe DDO... maybe Neverwinter..." but at the end of the day, I know that CD will provide the itch I need scratched. So there you go.

Some may remember me, some may think they finally were rid of me (I'm like the plague; I don't go away  ;)), but either way, here are some details about myself:

I write much more than I talk (unless I know someone well). Long posts like this are more the norm for me. I enjoy writing, I guess. That, and it's impossible for me to keep things short and to the point.

I have a background as a health coach and massage therapist (studying for my license now.. which involves lots of anatomy and physiology... and I know playing here isn't going to help me study much  :P). I have a strong interest in health, and look to expand my education more in the future.

I love love anime (I've been a crunchyroll subscriber for the past few years. It's a godsend for my home theater pc)). Alternatively, I dislike most fictional TV shows (I can count on one hand the number of TV shows currently airing that interest me) and I'm one of those fabled Linux gamers... we are out there...(of the 200+ games in my Steam library, maybe 5 - tops - require windows. The rest run fine for me)..

I like pie too. But who doesn't like pie? Heathens. Dirty, rotten, low down heathens.

The end  :D

Arya

Welcome back! Make yourself right at home. :-)  If you are nice enough I might give you some of my dark chocolate truffles. *Grin.*

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

jixjum