Main Menu

was the orphanage attack the EV

Started by germanblangs, Jan 16, 2014, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Mack

No one is attacking that orphanage again without going through Kyle. Literally he stands in the door way :)

The Red Mage

Marziima, Aesa, and Victoria were there. Kind of funny now that I think about it. That Orphanage has enough money and now power affiliated with it, that even Marziima recognizes an opportunity to help it(and he's always donated his quest earnings and others to the military and orphanage for that PR). I wonder when it'll turn from an Orphanage to a boy and girls academy with all that money. That seems like a smart, progressive move.

Keeping all the gold hoarded up despite the presence of literally dozens of high level PCs will still attract danger. As a plot location, there is really no other place on the server more deliciously innocent and pure than the Orphanage as it is a place of small children and Ilmater priests/ monks. It sort of begs for some sort of nasty to come their way.

What we learned from this experience is that people are uncomfortable with children dying, even if it's by an CE source, or large attack. They'll find a way to live. People also don't want an event there that sweeps through and causes a change. Since a lot of PCs live, work, or spend time there, it's proper to give them a heads-up beforehand so they can react.

That said, I don't think the Orphanage should be a "no danger" zone where good aligned characters go to hibernate and collect good points. But, hopefully, whoever wants to handle a plot there again(I'm on cooldown) will handle it much more smartly than I did.

realityjumper

The money  has been role played as going to bring in protectors. Guards that are willing to be in plain clothes and get down on the ground with kids to keep them comfortable. Several PCs fill these roles, along with NPCs. None of the guards live there. Some are retired militia, some have military background, some were previously adventurers and some have small children of their own. :)
"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere