Main Menu

Hi there

Started by bsmith, May 25, 2015, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsmith

Hey there

So I finished downloading the haks and tlks. Then I started the game, joined the server, made a character and then couldn't enter because a tlk was not in place. 
So I went back and placed it in the right folder. I think. (Under haks and tlks, next to the standard ones.) Then I try to join the server again and now it sends me an error message that my CD key is already in use. 

Have I spurned the gods? Should I sacrifice my firstborn? Do I need to say the magic works, klatu verta nektu? 

Please help :D

And looking forward to join you all soon.

suddenperihelion

Are you using the gog copy of the game? If so, you'll need to ask them for a non-generic CDKEY.

bsmith

I admit, I hadn't paid attention, but I am pretty certain I had played with this copy on another server a while ago. But it could be just that.

Fire Wraith

The problem is that GOG sells the game with a default CD Key, that is the same for all players, and only provides a unique (or online/multiplayer key) on request.

This basically means that only one person using the default GOG key can be logged in at a time. It also means that our primary account security measure, locking your account to your CD Key, is invalid, and anyone with the GOG key could log in as 'you'.  This is why you may have been able to log in, at some point in the past.

For both of these reasons, we strongly recommend that people request a (free) multiplayer key from GOG if they purchased the game there.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."