Main Menu

Computer help for a fool

Started by modronlove, Sep 09, 2015, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modronlove

So I've had a new computer for awhile, and tried installing NWN on it but it won't work.  Compatibility issue apparently.  So whenever I feel like playing NWN I have to unplug the computer and plug in the old one.  It's annoying, and yes I realize that this is an epic case of First World Problems.  Anyone have a solution on getting it to run?  Using Windows 8.1 professional.

Edge

Have you made sure you're running it in Compatibility Mode? There should be an option in the program's properties to let it run in a setting mode based on older versions of Windows. Try some of those until you find one that lets it work.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

modronlove

Been awhile, and I'm not sure I did.  I'll try when I get home.  Thanks!

Fire Wraith

You should also make sure that you're running it with administrator privileges. Both NWMain.exe and the launcher will need this, if you're using the launcher, though you should just be able to open NWMain.exe directly without using that.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

foo

1) Wipe computer.
2) Install real OS.
3) ???
4) Profit!

Seriously though, if administrator privilages dont' fix it, you might want to try borrowing the GOG installer. I've had good luck with it, after substituting my old user licence key file.