Main Menu

The Last Witch Hunter

Started by Fire Wraith, Oct 23, 2015, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire Wraith

So I saw this tonight, and it was a lot of fun. It's very much a D&D style movie, albeit set mostly in the modern day (just in a world where there's magic and mages). It's an entirely new world/series, based apparently on one of Vin Diesel's own old D&D characters, and while it won't be winning any Oscars, and has been dissed by most mainstream critics, I was entertained.

Short version - this is Riddick in Fantasy rather than Sci Fi. If you like those movies, and like fantasy, worth seeing.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Arya

I knew I was missing a movie... I am making a mental note to skip my plans for gaming tonight and to go see the movie after I get through some of these edits and tidy up my room.

Best,
Arya

Postscript: I already spent eight hours straight on the task. Sleeping for now.
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Not Batman

I am a REALLY hard film critic, and I will say I loved the FUCK out of this movie. You can tell a lot of effort and passion went into this, and Vin Diesel actually gives a great performance in this. I give 'Last Witch Hunter' a solid 7/10.