Main Menu

Mirror Retrieval Quest

Started by , Nov 17, 2015, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deleted

The mirror retrieval quest based out of Highmoon gives different experience upon completion based on the alignment approach used.

Good = 400xp, Shift Alignment 3 Towards Good.
Neutral = 100xp, 300gp.
Evil = 200xp.

So I am curious if this is intentional and if so why?

The reason I ask is this seems like a punishment for playing your alignment. I personally can understand if the physical rewards were different (good takes no gold but gains something else like +Good Alignment, Neutral gains gp, Evil gains Evil Alignment) but I don't understand why the experience reward would differ. If I am wrong on this please correct me.

Thanks.

Edge

It is intentional, from what I remember; this is one of the oldest quests on the server, dating back to the original launch over ten years ago. I can't be completely certain, but I believe the builder (who is no longer around) did this deliberately due to a personal bias against Evil PCs.

would be the one to look at it and see about changing it, being our primary scripter, so hopefully he'll see this thread and weigh in his 2cp. It's one of those things that's been brought up a few times between then and now but we've never gotten around to doing anything with it or deciding if it needs changing.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Deleted

Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it.

Vincent07

Edge would be correct.  Both that quest and the dungeon pertaining to it are going to get overhauled once I have the time.  I'll normalize the XP reward at least when I do that.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel