Main Menu

MLB Hall of Fame.... The Way I Swing ....

Started by onivel, Jan 07, 2016, 08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

For the baseball fans out there....

Ken Griffey Jr. was nearly the first person to be a unanimous election to the Baseball Hall of Fame... he had 99.3% of the vote.. the most ever. Only 3 ballots did not elect him in his first year of eligibility. 

A southwest PA product from Donora, PA. Just a few miles down the river from where I grew up. He had an amazing gift and opportunity and made the most of it. More than that, he appreciated the rare gift and opportunity he had. Confident but not arrogant. He was a great player, but also a team player. 

I can't think of anyone more deserving for the honor, nor one who would appreciate it as much. 

Rapping was not his forte though   ;)

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Dismus

It has bothered me that 3 people didn't vote him in. I really want to know who they are so I can drag them out into their yards and fight them.

onivel

I hear you.... He should have been unanimous.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.