Main Menu

Player Crafting?

Started by tenorgeneral, Dec 29, 2013, 09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenorgeneral

I was just curious as to when/whether Player Crafting was going to open up again, and had a few thoughts about it as well:

Mainly, I've been seeing many pieces of tier 4 loot that are hugely powerful, and exceed what is possible to be crafted in not one or two ways, but in almost all ways.  My example would have to be the Ancient Amulet of Spell Protection (I think that's the name anyway) which gives 5 total uses per day of spells (more than can be crafted), of spells that are circle 6 and 7 (2 circles and 3 circles higher than what can be crafted), and grants +3 AC and +3 to universal saves (which comparing it to another tier four amulet (Pure Good: +2 WIS/CHA, 10 SR) would be enough by itself to make this tier 4.  So my suggestion would be to either look over the loot to find minimum of Tier 4 power levels, and then the maximum as well, then allow people to craft up to slightly below the max power level for tier 4 if they are at the very top of the tier rather than limiting them to only tier 3 items in crafting (as it's not just a difference between a +4 elemental longsword and a +3 elemental longsword, it's more a +4 magic/divine damage sword with up to five other properties and a high level spell usable on a per day basis vs a +3 elemental longsword with two more properties that I've seen allowed for crafting).

dom101

As far as I know. It's always been the intent of the server staff to make the loot drops more powerful than what can be crafted by players. That's why the crafting is just below what's available.

Pretty sure we've had this discussion in the recent past.

tenorgeneral

Yes, that is the case.  What I'm suggesting is to update the limitations of crafting to reflect the heightened capabilities of all but the basic tier four loot.  Basically, crafting has fallen way below what's available, and is not even close to even some of the tier three loot available, let alone the tier four stuff.

Vincent07

The system needs to be re-written with more detailed guidelines as to what is available by what level etc.  Which is why I have that forum locked at present.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel