Main Menu

Spellsword/Invisible Blade

Started by goodapollo, Apr 17, 2016, 12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodapollo

I wasn't active when the database went down last time. What's the general instruction for players of those two classes?

Edge

Unfortunately your best option right now is to simply not play those characters.

If you absolutely must get on, do not equip or unequip any items you're currently wearing, as the code to add/remove properties will fire and potentially strip them.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

ladybug

SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

jamaisvu

Edge Avatar
Unfortunately your best option right now is to simply not play those characters.

If you absolutely must get on, do not equip or unequip any items you're currently wearing, as the code to add/remove properties will fire and potentially strip them.
I think the best thing to do is just not to play them right now. The last time this happened and I hopped on Aunra, equipping and unequipping didn't matter, they were all stripped anyway. I ended up having to pester poor Belladonna to help me replace all of her daggers...

Edge

We're likely going to have to do something similar regardless.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Deleted

The items will still need to be replaced regardless, once the database  (or an alternative) is up.

goodapollo

Man. Well, thanks for the advice, at least. I'll make an alt or something till then.

Vincent07

Unfortunately, items will need replacing no matter what, if you play them now or later.  We're working on solutions that hopefully will prevent this in the future.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

silverwolf64

So basically if I log my PC that has 2 levels of IB she will be stripped .. even if she's only using deomered daggers ? Or can I still play her ?  Sorry for any confusion but not clear on this will it strip her of all gear just because of those currently 2 levels or ?

Deleted

All magical daggers on your character will be stripped of their properties when you equip/unequip them.  When we have a solution in place, we will replace the daggers in her inventory.  If you intend to play the character, recognize that this will happen.

Fire Wraith

If you don't have anything equipped, and don't equip anything, you can still roleplay.

But keep in mind if your gear gets wrecked because you tried fighting, there's only so much we can do about that.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Goat

You can officially add Silverstar to the list of classes that gets messed up too.  I didn't equip my mace, but logged in today to find it stripped down completely.