Main Menu

Quest redesign...Gem of Life

Started by destinysdesire, Jun 05, 2016, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destinysdesire

I can understand that the Quest is to design teamwork and grouping, but ever since Trent made the level to do this quest I have been trying to get a group up to do this, so a minimum of two months, the factor that the quest demands certain classes be present makes this impossible to do. The server just really doesn't have this anymore and or getting these exact people together without a DM event is literally impossible. Can we take a look at changing this? I understand the point of teamwork, but I think perhaps this quest needs a review. Thank you.
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

FaeFae

The server absolutely has the class and population spread and I've seen the quest done recently. Personally, I don't feel it needs to be changed. Most higher level dungeons are done with groups of four to six at present, so it is out there and not impossible.

destinysdesire

I have been trying to pull groups, even tried to arrange something in the PDK, nothing came of it at all, I don't mind having groups....just not class dependent. Not where you MUST have a Rogue, MUST have a cleric, MUST have so and so....unless your BFF's with half the server which for some might be really easy...for others it really isn't. Sure arrange it to have a party requirement of 4-6 people....just not forcing them to be a specific class.
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

FaeFae

It is not restricted to class specifics. A variety can make the check, so it isn't as precise as that. Bards can make the Rogue check, Druids can make the Cleric check, and perhaps a variety more. I don't know the exact script. :)

tarriel

My druid can make the cleric check, as can paladins if I recall right.

Garage Trashcan

Considering that people used to duo this dungeon pretty regularly, I don't think group composition is the problem.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Vincent07

Two people can do it with the right class spread.  That aside, CD is a group environment, and this quest is one of the only situations that absolutely requires a certain setup.  I will not be changing that.  Ask around, I'm sure there's more than a few PCs who need to do it.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Nokteronoth

Ask me and Mistakes sometime, and we'll take you through it. Valeria (Mistakes' character) can cover 3/4 of the required classes, and I can easily do the other one.

~BR

destinysdesire

Garage Trashcan

Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

My warrior Sophia did the mage bit, though she'll protest it was nearly fatal.  Not sure how I survived it.