Main Menu

Help!''You have been booted''issue

Started by L30, Jan 30, 2017, 02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L30

Hi!
I've just migrated to a new computer and its giving me this error.
I cannot login anymore,may I please have my CD key updated...fast?

PS:My account name is FairyMaster

Ogre Time Yay

L30 Avatar
Hi!
I've just migrated to a new computer and its giving me this error.
I cannot login anymore,may I please have my CD key updated...fast?

PS:My account name is FairyMaster
Did you get your CD key from GOG?
If I remember right (this happened to me before as well), you'll need to send a message into GOG support for a new key.

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and things have changed.

FaeFae

The easiest fix is to harvest your old keys off your nwncdkey file in your NWN folder, on your former machine. If you did get your keys from GOG you may have them in an email already, in which case you should just drag over and replace 'em.

Failing that, an admin can help!

ladybug

Iirc, GOG has to send you a new key, and you'll need to migrate to a new GSID to fix the error.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Deleted

While these responses were accurate once upon a time, we can update CD keys.  However, if it's the GOG generic key, you will still be booted.

forums.cormyrdalelands.com/index.php?topic=921

ladybug

SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

L30

Yeah I already did that!
It's booted prolly because the CD key has changed!
Can you help?

L30

I got my new CD-Key from GOG...
I just need a adjustment...
Can any DM do it now?

Deleted

No.  Please read the linked post and PM the details to the admins.

Edge

Also do not create multiple threads for the same issue.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

L30

Hey Belladona!
Can't you please remove the lock on my CD-Key yourself?
Or you can contact some DM who can?I've been waiting for some time now!

Edge

You have waited less than twelve hours. The admins have jobs, and admining isn't them. You need to have some patience.

Furthermore, you have not followed the instructions given in the link. If you don't follow instructions, don't be surprised when you don't get the results you want.

Edit: I've since been informed you did send your info as requested, but only to one of the admins, not all of us. So in the future make sure such messages are sent to the whole team. Your issue should be looked at tonight. But this remains an admin solution and not one that can ve handled by a DM. A DMs job is storytelling, not bugfixes.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

L30

Edge Avatar
You have waited less than twelve hours. The admins have jobs, and admining isn't them. You need to have some patience.

Furthermore, you have not followed the instructions given in the link. If you don't follow instructions, don't be surprised when you don't get the results you want.

Edit: I've since been informed you did send your info as requested, but only to one of the admins, not all of us. So in the future make sure such messages are sent to the whole team. Your issue should be looked at tonight. But this remains an admin solution and not one that can ve handled by a DM. A DMs job is storytelling, not bugfixes.
Thank you Edge...I wonder if you can do it for me?
I'm sorry for not displaying proper etiquette.
I can't wait to play again

Ogre Time Yay

If you sent them the request, you just have to be patient man.
Everyone who had GOG key issues also had to go through the same process, including me.
Just gotta be patient, let the admins do their thing. :)