Main Menu

Dungeon Level Lock Labels

Started by lakhena, Nov 14, 2016, 05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trylobyte

I think it would be wise for the rules to account for people like Kymus - Fact is, some people who have these items got them before the discussion or implementation of the system.  Just taking their stuff away is a low-work solution for the staff, certainly, but it's also rather rude to the affected players.  Surely we could find some manner of compromise?

The trick would be doing it without people taking advantage of it, but I think those of us who sell high-tier items would be able to identify who those people are.  :)

Deleted

This isn't a new rule. This rule has been in place since December 2015.  The fact that people continue to hold items for characters that are too low level, or worse give higher tier items to lower level characters, is why I moved the rule from the admin announcements into the actual rules thread.

Arya

What Bella said.

While I do always enjoy the idea of folks getting replacement of illegal items with legal items, I feel like doing what was suggested otherwise might lead to risk of abuse. It is true we need to try giving folks the benefit of the doubt, bit there is still the balance of also holding individuals accountable for when they are trying to take advantage of it. Sadly, it happens, and as it is staff, players, and I feel safe to say the admins are trying to make sure we look for the good in others despite things.

In short, Trylo, I like the intentions presented in your post, but I feel like beyond maybe trading illegal items out for legal ones, the practice of what you are suggesting in the thread can open a big can of worms. :-)

So it needs taken with care. 

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

trylobyte

I was discussing this with FaeFae, and I think I see the issue I had with this.  Namely, I tend to check the rules thread when I look for what the rules are, and it wasn't there until recently (Thanks Bella).  I was still in the previous 'anything from the tier above you is okay' mindset - It was simple and easy to remember.  But this issue has been fixed now, so all is well.

Do support the idea of a downgrade on an existing item, though.

Arya

Vincent07 Avatar
Alright folks.  After giving all of this some thought, I have come up with an adjustment that the admins have agreed upon.

Further, I am making some minor adjustments to the ILR code, specifically the carry limits, or level at which you can carry loot that is a tier above your current one.  Tier 4 (purple) items will now require level 14 to pick up.  Tier 5 (gold) items will require level 18.  

These two changes will allow more freedom in dungeon selection for mixed level groups, while also addressing the issue of lower levels building up kits of gear for the higher tiers.
As a final note, there is the possibility that one or two dungeons move around within that dungeon list, due to balance adjustments.  Any such changes will be reflected in my update logs as they occur.
Pretty much what was said on the issue of item levels restrictions and what they will be changed to be. And what folks can hold onto once they come into place.

Merchant PCs or people roleplaying some trades obviously are going to be holding items, but they are not for specific people, and require trades of sort for what they offer. If the least, they also can only provide trade for items folks can hold onto, really.  I know I have gotten rid of items by having characters give them away with the price of a quest or payment of some kind, but I always aim for the trinkets people can legally hold onto - and nothing more than that. 

Bottom line: no holding onto items for friends. 

Sincerely,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow