Main Menu

Let's Talk About the Banging of Races

Started by Ogre Time Yay, Feb 22, 2017, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre Time Yay

It's time for another research topic from me, me, myself. Today I want to ask about the banging of races, and the end result of such banging of races. The point of this topic is to get answers on why there aren't many half-dwarves, half dwarf half orc, half orc half elf, you get the point. One major thing that caught my interest in this topic is if an Ogre bangs and Orc, you get an Ogrillon... But what happens when an Ogrillon bangs another Orc?

Let's go deeper still, what happens when an Ogrillon bangs a Half-Orc?... What happens when an Ogrillon bangs a Human? Further still, if:
Ogre + Orc = Ogrillon
           Ogrillon + Orc = Half-Ogrillon
                          Half-Ogrillon + Half-Orc = 1/3 Ogrillon
                                                How far down the line must the banging go before that being is still considered an Ogrillon? More importantly, at what point does it become less noticeable.

Is Dwarves banging Elves considered the same as Human banging Crocodiles, in the way that there ain't gonna be any Human/Crocodile babies?
What makes Human so compatible with other races when it comes to banging and pregnancy?
Are there Half-Elf, Half-Drow babies out there as a result of Elves and Drows banging?

Why are there so many crazy races wandering around Arabel, yet not many monstrosity babies?!

This calls for more Vodka and Smirnoff.  

Ogre Time Yay

... I should make a video series out of these like Bill Nye the Science Guy...

Edge

I will be happy to elaborate on this when I'm home (and thus not typing on phone), but for a quick answer the book Savage Species includes a chart explaining what can and can't breed. And even then, many restrictions evaporate when powerful enough magic gets involved.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Arya

In the Forgotten Realms...

"Are there Half-Elf, Half-Drow babies out there as a result of Elves and Drows banging?"

The race breeds true to one subrace or the other. There can be physical recessive traits, of course, like a drow-dominant elf who happens to have blue eyes and silvery-gray skin, or something to that effect, but for intents and purposes, the blood favors only one or the other.

In the case of a half-elf and a full-blooded elf, you generally have folks picking only one or the other, as well.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

ladybug

This just needs a room filled with disappointed fathers staring down their children as they try to explain a particularly questionable hybrid.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Fire Wraith

ladybug Avatar
This just needs a room filled with disappointed fathers staring down their children as they try to explain a particularly questionable hybrid.
That's called the Bards Guild.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

FaeFae

Pet rock gives new take on a submissive character concept.

Ogre Time Yay

Thanks for the answers, folks, I'll keep looking into this as well. :P

Ogre Time Yay

I can't seem to find the PDF chart on races banging and popping out mutant babies.

Arya

The Forgotten Realms notes on what I noted are going to be found in 2nd edition and because that ruling was simpler than trying to figure out which traits a person had "mixed up," CD has 'houseruled' it. And this goes for all elven subrace minglings between each other or in the case of a half-elf and elf mixing. People pick one or the other. Background stories of canonical character stories who have that sort of ancestry also support that ruling.

However, it is also alluded to in Vhaeraun's description, when it discusses why he encourages drow marriage with surface elves. It discusses how in such pairings, the "half-drow" end up "favoring the drow-blood." There might be a more updated source on that topic, but that has always been pretty much the accepted norm for Forgotten Realms.

Sincerely,
Arya

Postscript: Small anecdote on this topic. My main had a sun elven great grandfather, grandfather, and father - she was born moon-elf because her mother still manifested the traits. One of the genealogical hooks/trivia used in past storylines was that if she mingled with another sun elf and had kids, there would be only sun elves in that line until another moon elf married into it. In part because at that point the moon-elven blood would be too diluted and only recessive to manifest as the dominant traits at all.

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Edge

Ogre Time Yay Avatar
I can't seem to find the PDF chart on races banging and popping out mutant babies.

I'll see if i can find and post it this weekend.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Ogre Time Yay

Thanks! :D
Meanwhile I'll be plotting my ultimate scheme, to mate creatures of all sorts to make an army of monstrosities to take over Halfhap! Muahahaha!

onivel

Didn't there used to be a posting online somewhere called the " Red Book" that detailed all of this back in the day.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.