Main Menu

Here Comes A New Challenger!

Started by ProtoBran, Feb 15, 2019, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProtoBran

*insert character select pose here!*

Hello everyone!

After a while of lurking about, hanging in the Discord, and pondering a character concept here's an actual intro post! My name, as if my handle wasn't a give away, is Brandon and while I usually don't know what to post in these, I'll toss out the basic bits! I'm a 35 year old who was introduced to D&D (and really RP'ing) about half way through college and it's been a staple hobby of mine ever since. I never actually played Neverwinter Nights during the original run though I remember firing it up at a best friend's house back in high school to make a character and poke around briefly (I made a half elf fighter then, for the curious). I've poked around in a number of MMOs -- CoH, WoW, GW2, and now FF14 (which I'm currently playing) but this is my first NWN RP server. Speaking of, I'm here by way of invite of Liriel so blame her!

The character I've settled on is a wild elf barbarian named Baelrah Meliamne so if you happen past me, feel free to say hello. After I get his ingame bio settled, I'll try to post one here on the boards as well. In short though, I'm using both the ongoing plot and mystic forest shaman/seers as a reason for why he's come out of hiding and into the area. I figure someone being new to the area will help cover my own lack of knowledge while I get up on lore but if there are any suggested readings please feel free to link them here.

I promise I don't bite and if anyone wants to RP please don't hesitate give me a buzz on Discord or here. Likewise, I'm still a lowbie (level 8 at the time of writing) but Baelrah is a curious (if somewhat quiet) sort so it's fairly easy to come up with a reason why he might wander into an adventure. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting some of the fun folks I've seen in Discord and the interesting characters I've read about on the forum!

Garage Trashcan

If you're ProtoBran, does that mean you're what happens before bran flakes?
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

ProtoBran

You got it -- right after raisin bran, if you've done a good job!

Liriel

*mutters* I should have known better than to introduce a known punster to you monsters.

The Red Mage

So you're protobran, which comes before raising a bran, but then what?

ProtoBran

Well you dress him with a brandana or a mask of the brantasm and you send him out into the wide world.

Nibbles

Fire Wraith

The Red Mage Avatar
So you're protobran, which comes before raising a bran, but then what?
Next is obviously Megabran.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

ProtoBran

And if we're really lucky, MegaBran X.

Liriel

I hate every single one of you.

ladybug

SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda