Main Menu

Greengrass Festival

Started by daphne, Mar 13, 2014, 09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daphne

Trying to determine when it would be best to run stuff for this.  Have had a lot of great suggestions for events so far, including

Kissing booth
Bonfire Jumping
Wrasslin'
Hammer Throwing
Archery
Drinking
Puzzles/Challenges

Want to try to make it so the most people who want to participate can.  Please select any of the dates shown here that you would be able to play. 

Also if you have more ideas of events to run please post them here.

I've left Easter weekend off because that usually is busy with family.

Thanks,
Daphne

Dismus

This must be played continuously during the festival.

modronlove

What, no maypole dancing?   Elves need to get their frolic on!

Voice of Kerensky

I'm rather biased towards the weekend of the 4th-6th, as I work the weekend of the 28th-30th.

Fire Wraith

Any of those are fine for me.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Ebola Lola

Any of them will work for as of right now... But I wont know really till the phone call comes... So just let us know what day you pick :D... Araya sooo wants in on the drinking.. *Harley Quinn laugh*

daphne

There are also many deities that have religious events tied to the Greengrass. The faithful of Chauntea sponsors a rather boisterous fertility party.  The followers of Mielikki have the Wild Hunt, where nature lovers ride unicorns across the forest.  It is a sacred day for Sune.  The followers of Talos pray for wild storms and lightning.  That's just a few examples - if some religious types want to organize something for their faith, we can certainly support those activities as well.  Just post who and what...

daphne

OK, look like there we have enough interest for the last weekend in March and the first weekend in April to do stuff then.  Will start planning an opening ceremony thing and a schedule of events.  Will work with as many PC organizers as possible - so if your group or religion or whatever has an event they would like to stage/sponsor, please post!  I'll try to include silly stuff as well as religious and challenges and things of that nature...

Darvins

I will likely try and do two events one from Valar and one from Iy, or rather will try and get Iy to organise something from the naturely folks to honour some of those faiths mentioned.

Arya

Have we decided on a date and time for this, so I can plan accordingly?  There is a mostly player-ran event that some were going to do after the festival.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

daphne

Opening Ceremonies:  Saturday March 29
Closing:  Sunday April 6

Will start putting up specific event threads later today.

Fire Wraith

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Arya

Thank you for the prompt response! I am excited about all the positive, energy-lifting events we will be having in the month of April!

Sincerely,
Arya