Main Menu

What are you Watching...

Started by onivel, Mar 14, 2014, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

Just ran into this from Monty Oum 

Also been watching Fairy Tale with my eldest. Something fun we can watch together. 

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

The Red Mage

This was a really cute anime I watched recently. It's a slice of life anime. I don't usually enjoy them, but this one stuck with me. Japanese version is better in this one too. Instead of the "stylish" they call them "hipsters".

This was an interesting horror type anime. It has some neat ideas about astral projection and lucid dreaming. Couldn't find japanese version on youtube. I usually watch mine on eyeonanime.com 

Garage Trashcan

None of this is Space Dandy:

I wanted to like RWBY (pronounced "Ruby") more than I should have, but I just couldn't. The trailers they released last year didn't accurately portray what the series was about. Are the action scenes super sexy-awesome? Oh hell yes. But aside from that, the animation goes blargh and ohmygodwhyisthisevenaplot.

It's just cheesy enough for me to still watch it.

Speaking of cheesy...

Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

The Red Mage

The new season(final season) of VGHS is coming out soon!

Garage Trashcan

Is it really? The end of S2 was disappointing because they were leading up making it seem like the big tournament would be the finale, and then it wasn't.

The Red Mage

Yeah, season 2 wrapped up kind of sloppily. They tried to make sure every plot was finished and tied up, and it just made it almost cringe worthy at the end how everything ended. lol

Ah well, it's still super enjoyable. I'm sure they don't have professional writers or anything like that.

They exceeded their kickstart goal, and on Freddie's Facerocker podcast, he talks about shooting and stuff. So I think they'll finish filming soon.

Kymus

This season, I'm watching..

The Pilot's Love Song

This one I didn't think I would like, but it is surprisingly good

Hunter X Hunter

If you're a fan of shounen like Fairy Tail and Naruto Shippuden, you will like this.

Naruto Shippuden

Definitely one of my top favorites (all time fav being Ranma 1/2). I love the deep story, the complex character relationships, and how you're always kept on the edge of your seat and waiting to see what happens next. (and... I'm rather fond of the current opening theme)

Nagi no Asukara

Cute, sweet, interesting, original

Chunibyo (Chunibyo Demo Koi Ga Shitai!) Season 2

If you liked The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, then you will like this. If you have no seen Haruhi, then you must.

Sakura Trick

Cute, funny, slightly-romantic shoujou-ai (girls-love, not to be confused with yuri). If you like this, watch Sasameki Koto (though that is more focused on the love story than comedy)

Log Horizon

Similar to .hack// and Sword Art Online, but this focuses more on what's going on in the game and the character's daily life instead of "we need to figure out how to get out of here!".

World Conquest Zvezda Plot

Odd name; good anime. Funny show and a story line that is shallow, but still interesting enough to keep you watching each week

Wizard Baristers

One of my favorites this season! It's an interesting and unique action anime with a lovable main character.

Noragami

This is an interesting anime that deals with the supernatural. The story is fairly unique and the characters are interesting.

Garage Trashcan

I'll finish Naruto when it finally ends and I can skip all the fillers.

Kymus

I just can't bring myself to do that. I'm too addicted >_<. But I understand.

I wish they'd do more fillers that follow the storyline, like what is going on now. I hate the fillers that are absent of anything presently relevant in the story. I don't even watch those.