Main Menu

XP and Events

Started by dagesh, Apr 06, 2014, 10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagesh

First off, let me say that the activity of the DMs is commendable.  Thank you to all who devote time to make it fun for the little people.

I have a suggestion.  Could we have DMs increment XP over time as opposed to all at once in the end?  I say this because it helps solve two potential problems.  First, players who have to leave early will receive XP even before he/she leaves.  Secondly, latecomers will also receive their due XP as well.  The second point I don't care about as much.

This is important because folks are unable to receive XP except from events.  This means that if a player wants to grow and RL reasons remove him from the event even though he had been present for a large bulk of it, he would not reap the XP benefits.  I know this is a pain for the DMs but it seems to even out XP over time.

Perhaps 100 XP/hour for the folks present would be sufficient.  Compared to fighting foes, 100 XP/hour hardly compares.  So if someone was at a two hour event she'd have 200 XP more by the end.  If the event lasted much longer, the time dedicated to said event would also be rewarded without the worry of having to leave early for RL reasons.

Thank you for your consideration.

Not Batman

This is pretty much how things are run already. Having DMs stop every hour to drop the exp would just slow things down and get tedious when you have many people in one event. We keep track of who comes and goes early and make sure everyone gets their due. You -can- get exp without DM events from the RP tick system, set to 300 a day.

Vincent07

If you have to leave early, usually just say so OOC and the DM will toss you some XP.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

dagesh

Roger.  Simple enough solutions.  Thanks!

morwen

I do this when I have enough presence of mind. It's a good idea.