Main Menu

Phantom Steed

Started by winterhawk99, Apr 10, 2020, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winterhawk99

Lauriella picked up Phantom Steed back at level 6 and it did not seem to work. I looked at the spell and there was also no description. there is spell vfx to it and she seems to cast it. so either the model for the horse got taken out of the module or I made a mistake on what key to type. Or maybe there's an entry missing in the .tlk I've been looking for this spell a while now and have an old friend working on it. If you don't have the spell anymore. When he gets his script finished I'll gladly offer it to everyone here if you would like?

If I need to do something like mounted actions please let me know. thanks :)

Hand_of_Banath

I know there were problems with the spell before so it was disabled.

I always thought an easy fix would be to make the spell spawn a fly widget kind of like the Fly spell. And take it away when you were done. Doing the same with a horse widget for the new horse.

Vincent07

The spell was never coded. As while I can have it spawn the horse in, I can't have it then expire either once it's been used. So once you mount the horse, it stays forever once unmounted unless the caster has a horse widget to get rid of it.  As horses are almost never used, I've just not bothered trying to find a workaround for it.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

winterhawk99

Hopefully, I'll have a script that works in the next few weeks and will post it to HMC and on this forum for your lead scripters examination.