Main Menu

Classes and Skills

Started by trylobyte, Jul 03, 2021, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trylobyte

As discussed in the AMA, some classes need their skill selections looked at.  This could be a good central place to post them all!

I'll start.

Arcane Warrior could use access to Heal, Discipline, and Tumble to bring it up to parity with Eldritch Knight.

Arya

Monk had Perform in 3.5 and that never got transferred into CD:R.

Best,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

thorien

trylobyte Avatar
(...)

Arcane Warrior could use access to Heal, Discipline, and Tumble to bring it up to parity with Eldritch Knight.

I would love to see Heal for the Bladesinger, as it was discussed some time ago on the forums.

The Red Mage

Red Wizard doesn't get heal.

Edge

Shifter and Shadow Adept have Hide as a class skill but not Move Silently.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

theyellowking

Doesn't the server balance kind of assume everyone will have tumble ac?
A lot of classes were already given it that don't normally have it, could be beneficial to just give it to every class or at least every base class.

Terallis

As pointed out previously in voice and otherwise:

Sense Motive for Clerics!
Eirik Hjartoreldr
Ulrik Dawnfall
Alaric

thorien

Green Knight could also use the access to Tumble. :)

Nymera

I know it is not the way it's done in tabletop 3.5, but I would really like to see the non-mechanical, RP-only skills opened up to more classes, perhaps even all classes.  Skills such as Persuade, Bluff, Perform, Sense Motive, Intimidate and Knowledge are skills that don't feel like they should be tied to the training or discipline of any specific class, but rather be choices in how characters practice behaving or spend their free time.  I know you are able to cross-class these skills, but this quickly becomes an extreme investment when skill points are already so limited for non-rogues and non-bards (the two that have most of these RP-only skills available to them, anyway).

I think it would really open up characters to being more interesting and diverse, with more room for quirks and hobbies shown with their skill ranks.  Rogues and Bards still have the perk of getting so many skillpoints, it would be nice if other classes could spend those that they do get on more flavor.

DubiousScroll

Nymera Avatar
I know it is not the way it's done in tabletop 3.5, but I would really like to see the non-mechanical, RP-only skills opened up to more classes, perhaps even all classes.  Skills such as Persuade, Bluff, Perform, Sense Motive, Intimidate and Knowledge are skills that don't feel like they should be tied to the training or discipline of any specific class, but rather be choices in how characters practice behaving or spend their free time.  I know you are able to cross-class these skills, but this quickly becomes an extreme investment when skill points are already so limited for non-rogues and non-bards (the two that have most of these RP-only skills available to them, anyway).

I think it would really open up characters to being more interesting and diverse, with more room for quirks and hobbies shown with their skill ranks.  Rogues and Bards still have the perk of getting so many skillpoints, it would be nice if other classes could spend those that they do get on more flavor.

I was actually going to suggest this as well.  The more RP skills that get opened up to more classes, the better as long as they make sense (a barbarian with Knowledge: Arcana, for example, does not, but something like Knowledge: History could be the verbal passing down of stories, etc).