Main Menu

Thank you for Positive DM experience (Not for aDM Feedback!)

Started by blackhound, Dec 15, 2013, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arya

deserves applauds for all the work she has been doing topside, helping with DM duties, along with the troubleshooting and feedback on mechanical things. And helping people with their build ideas and making them work with their RP expectations!

Even if someone does not do everything recommended on the build, they (the builds) are still given a gift when going by even 80-90% (ideally more) of what she recommends! And people are still happy RP-wise.

Best,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

cherrycoke2l

I've been having blast playing at CD in these past few months. That wouldn't have been possible if not for our awesome DMs!

– for the amazing Ssrenshen liberation thread. I've never let any plot line mess with my sleep schedule so much and I regret nothing. These were one of those events that I will remember for years. I loved the scene set up during assault on Ssrenshen's walls. The whole thing felt like playing Faerun: Total War.

deserves a round of applause for the initial (at least for me) euro-friendly event in the KKS plot line I had the opportunity to participate in. It was funny (yay wild magic effects), it was sad (the sacrifice at the end) – and all in all fun to be part of.

for the still ongoing plot with a certain artefact my archmage Runaiwëm loved. This has been a great opportunity to dust him off and let him have something to be excited about again. Big kudos for the silver wyrmling events too!

All DMs who assisted in the events mentioned above deserve applause but I can't name them all, sorry!

And of course big thanks to all other DMs helping with rebuilds, relevels and last but not least to the Admin team for their hard work!

Garage Trashcan

seriously deserves accolades and a standing ovation for what he's done over the past few months. Out of all of the "server plots" I've been in, even with my delayed start into the plotline, this has felt the most "epic" of all of them. It's been a long, long time since I've seen a finale like this and it has only served to rekindle my love of this server. Your talent for large-scale combat events that truly challenge parties with mechanics, rather than just overwhelming odds, is awesome. You add so much fun to what is otherwise a bland combat engine (at least for me, I play a lot of Right-click-and-go characters). There were so many moments last night that were touch-and-go but, even then, I don't feel like giving up.

Additional shout outs to ,  ,  , and   for helping with last night. Y'all are gentlepeople and scholars. Cheers.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Liriel

In all my days playing NWN, I have never - seriously, never - encountered a boss fight with phases. Like, there I was, pewpewing the boss, she summons some Vrocks. Gross. Gotta kill them. Okay, back to the boss.

Why...why are there more Vrocks? WHERE DID THEY...

I SEE A PATTERN HERE.

Seriously   that was a fine-ass raid dungeon you put together, and that final boss was a bitch to bring down.

I was seriously proud of the raid team, too, because y'all swapped between boss and adds like pros, with no previous practice, smoother than I've seen in many Mythic Raid Teams in WoW. Bless.

Also: I'm going to have nightmares about Vrocks for weeks! Weeks, I tell you! And the tree!  The tree was my fault, and boy did I ever pay for it!  (rofl)

Good job! It was an epic plot, and I am so glad to have gotten a chance to participate in it.  :)

Arya

Seconding what has been said here, this has been one of the most epic storylines I was part of and am glad to be in part and for Alyss'ana I would definitely say that it was just as memorable as her trip to Hades. Overwhelming odds, chances of potentially dying forever from an in-character standpoint, and so much at stake near the end. The fact that she lost one of her closest friends who helped her in the Hades plot also added a full-circle element (especially how he died), that devastated her. Her, Felix, and Jay are going to never be the same now. Someone from that crew is gone. :-(

Plus the fact that she resolved a serious area of guilt in her life (Ssrenshen), regardless of who was at fault it plagued her for 12 RL years, almost a decade in game.

Thank you so much for running this story. Now I shall go find my kleenexes so I can be a baby. :-D

Best,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Fox²

A big thank you to for all of their DMing in their elf plotline and for inviting me along for some of the ride, as well as the immeasurable amount of time they spend supervising the aDMs (and myself when I was one) and for all the time they spend doing relevels and rebuilds. <3

Both and as ever are wonderful delights to work with both during quests and with planning them. Both of your feedback, second opinions, and ideas of your own you both put forward are invaluable. I'm in awe at both of your abilities to come up with unique personalities and backstories with the NPCs you play, and at how fast at improv you both are.

is an amazing, kind, and honest person and DM. I hope we do a quest together someday soon! Arabel Man meets Marsember Lady? :P

cherrycoke2l Avatar
deserves a round of applause for the initial (at least for me) euro-friendly event in the KKS plot line I had the opportunity to participate in. It was funny (yay wild magic effects), it was sad (the sacrifice at the end) – and all in all fun to be part of.

Ary'Keryn accidentally conjuring a Hellball on the party with his on hit: cast spell weapon made me giggle. Oh wild magic, you so crazy!
Retired.

canticleofcocytus

I want to thank  for helping with some quick fixes to St. Kale's Home for Wayward Children. The area just went in, and we're still working out the kinks! Thanks so much, Fox!

Jerrick

Thanks to aDM Graveman for a fun random AdHoc quest! Good fun was had amidst the chaos, and it was intriguing, with a good tie in to server events! Cheers!

canticleofcocytus

Thank you for helping set up the grand opening tonight! I couldn't have pulled it off without you!

Terallis

I want to give a huge shout-out to for her awesome twists in the reveals on Aedan's personal plot. It's been blowing my mind every step of the way and I love it! <3
Eirik Hjartoreldr
Ulrik Dawnfall
Alaric

Melody

deserves an incredible, monumental amount of praise for running the entirety of KKS. He ran dozens and dozens of plots, orchestrated with various groups, dealt with lots of griping, and still soldiered on until the end. The ceremony was a blast, and I'm grateful to be your friend. Thank you for all you do for this community. You lift it up, and people should recognize that.
"Hello, dashings and darlings!" - Melody

canticleofcocytus

Seconded. really sets the standard in a lot of ways, but I'd like to praise him in particular for his patience, personability, and willingness to chat OOC about pretty much anything. Approaching BH on discord has never been intimidating or an issue, and talking with him is always easy. I appreciate the time, dedication, and effort he put into his plots, but more than that I appreciate his willingness to be accessible and forthcoming (without giving spoilers) as he has been. It made me feel like I was at a table playing a campaign with an actual DM with how easily I was able to ask questions without disrupting the flow of things in-game.

Thanks for your hard work, and thanks for all you do for the server. Please enjoy your well-deserved break, and we all look forward to when you feel ready to get back in action, Blackheart!

Arya

Agreed with what has been said already. Having been in the spot of DMing a server wide plot where a lot of strong personalities were involved, I knew it was not an easy task. Yet persisted and ran a stellar storyline. There were times Alyss was definitely afraid for a repeat of what led to Ssrenshen falling and the plot had become a personal closure for her on a matter that plagued her for 12 RL years. I know the Matron plot was definitely a huge undertaking, not even planned as a server-wide plot, but this plot has definitely rivaled many elements of it (which is definitely a good thing!). The finale arcs were a blast, despite the tragedy that befell Felix, Jay, and Alyss in it all. ;_;

<3 <3 <3 I look forward to future events, and playing with everyone who participated in this storyline.

Best,
Arya

JadeDragon

Thank you for taking the time to give to the player base. Always and deeply appreciative and thankful for the efforts you put to make our time enjoyable :)

canticleofcocytus

Big thanks to for the hard work he put into the Darker Churches plot line. The finale was great, and it has been a joy every step of the way. I also really appreciate the memorable npcs in your events. Sawyer, Isaac, and even McArron were truly wonderful, and each had an impact on Voss that will last and shape him as a character.

Keep up the great work. You rock.