Main Menu

Note on IP changes

Started by Fire Wraith, Jul 10, 2015, 10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire Wraith

If for whatever reason you can't connect to the server, please doublecheck the IP.  It may change more frequently than before, as CD is on a dynamic IP host now rather than static. This is both good and bad in some ways. I'll try and make sure to update the post in Admin announcements whenever it does.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

valiea987

Thank you for the update! Seems to be working fine, connection wise.

Fire Wraith

Just a heads up - I'll probably be resetting the router tomorrow morning, but hopefully after that it'll stay there for a bit.

Long story short, the tech plugged the modem/router into the outlet that's controlled by the wall switch. This is a bad thing for our purposes, so I want to swap it to a different outlet :P
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Fire Wraith

Correction, it will probably be Sunday (tomorrow) morning.

inanisaether

I'm overwhelmed with so many emotions right now... .-.

Vincent07

A quick note for those of you unaware.

With the latest reset, we should have also altered our hosts file to send data to Skywing's replacement gamespy server listing.

How do you go about seeing this?

Simple. You need to be running NWNCX.  This is the NWN client extender that can be found:  HERE

It's perfectly safe and a fairly simple install.  

NOTE: This ONLY works for those of you running NWN on Windows.  If you are on Mac or Linux, you'll have to watch the forums for any IP changes.  These -should- be rare.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

inanisaether

Do I have to install all three?

Vincent07

No, they're all the same thing, just packed in different compression formats.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

inanisaether

So...pretty much I can't play on Cormyr unless I have that program..?..Because if that's the case...I'm going to be taking a very long hiatus.. :-|

Nokteronoth

You don't 'need' them, they just make it convenient, else you come on here and make sure the IP address is the same as your Direct Connect if you can't see the server up.

~BR

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

Direct Connect will always work (and is usually the best way IMO), but with IP stuff being spotty, the NWNcx program would just list the game's servers like it did in the GameSpy days. You can still get on with a direct connect, or do what I do and just access it via the History tab in the client.

inanisaether

Yeah...I'm not that savvy when it comes to this technology hocus pocus...So I absolutely have no idea what either of you are talking about...

inanisaether

And sadly to say, my patience for these things runs very short... (Not a big fan of technology, especially when I don't understand it..)

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

Okay. Here are your options:
A.) Download the thing Vincent showed you. If that's impossible for whatever reason, then...
B.) Copy and paste the IP address (108.4.85.186:5126) into the "Direct Connect" thing you can click on when in NWN. You can find it at the bottom of the screen when you initially go online in-game.
C.) If/when you get that far, you can access the server again by clicking on "History," which is a tab on the top of the screen when you, again, go online with the game. Should be "CormyrDales."

inanisaether

Also, if the IP Address is (As far as I would assume.) 108.4.85.186:5122 and indeed works...how come when I get on the list of servers and it states that it's Offline....? I'm not trying to sound rude, but I have a severe complex about things related to technology not working when they supposedly are..Please don't take any offense at my words, I've just been trying to get back on the server for a while now and so far I've had no luck... :(