Main Menu

Summer 2015 Update, August 2015

Started by Arya, Aug 04, 2015, 03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arya

Welp.  This was a pleasant surprise.

I more or less received a promotion.  It is technically a second position, but I am being hired by colleagues on a new, exciting adventure.

The stakes? I will be working 30 hours/week (for now) and taking a full-time student load.  I made sure to take classes that will make this work out, but keeping that in mind, I am definitely going to be fickle with the game world.

On the upside, this opportunity will mean bye-bye to student loans in a few more years. And more promise for landing my dream job after I leave the university.

I love you guys.  I will try to check on you as much as possible!

Sincerely,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Deleted

Awesome job!  Congratulations.

Arya

Thank you, everyone!  I am nervous but am equally excited.  I will keep you informed.

Best wishes,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

theshobit

Arya

Thanks ShOB!

Also, to update everyone so I am not spamming too much in my enthusiasm over this position...

I seem in good company. I cannot wait to go back again for more training!

To give an idea of the vibe of this place, two book sections for checked-in books are labeled: "Middle Earth" and "Shadow Lands."

Best. Book organization. Ever.

Best,
Arya