Main Menu

In the land of Goat and Fox

Started by Goat, Oct 20, 2015, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

Great news indeed ... continued best wishes to you all!
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Arya

Just saw this news.

>.< Seems like a lot of intense stuff going on and I hope you all can make it through and things keep looking up.

Best,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Darvins

Goat

Since many of you have inquired: had the surgical consult yesterday afternoon with mixed results.  My primary doctor is convinced that my gallbladder needs to come out and the sooner the better.  The surgeon "does not believe that gallbladders can just malfunction despite that it is a popular school of thought" as she sees no gallstones.  So next Thursday I get to go do a fun little test involving radioactive dye and all sorts of good times (read: expensive) to see just how well my gallbladder and liver are working.  We've been joking I'm going to turn into a radioactive mucus monster.  Sounds fun, right?  Hopefully then, I'll be able to at least find out something.  I'm stressed, yall!

Valimar Dragonbane

Hey, as long as you don't have to drink that nasty barium stuff, you should be good.  Even the smell of it is enough to make a person want to toss cookies.

A weird aside to this: a lot of radiology techs have no clue about Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil or any number of early Marvel heroes getting their powers from being exposed to radiation.  You'd think it would be a 'thing' that they'd pick up in one of their classes as a fun trivia fact to tell patients to take their minds off of the experience they were going through.

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Goat

Maybe I'll turn into Super Goat, or something.  I dunno what kind of super powers that would include (other than super sonic bleating and adorableness, I guess), but we shall find out next week!

Edge

Ability to climb anywhere and eat anything?
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

onivel

Edge Avatar
Ability to climb anywhere and eat anything?
This makes me think of the dwarven thief from the Artemis Fowl books.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Goat

Had another test today and this one finally yielded some results!  My gallbladder is lazy, apparently, is removal is imminent.  Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday!

Valimar Dragonbane

Glad to see you got some actual results!  Surgery means you can have loads of ice cream after, right?
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

FaeFae

Less organs means less human. My condolences, Goat. Please feel better. <3

Edge

Good luck, and get well soon.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Atomic Twinkie

It had the gall to be lazy? Gah! Bladders these days.

FaeFae

Good luck tomorrow, Goat! Keep us updated!

Nevermore

Indeed! Thoughts and prayers you way.