Main Menu

Anniversary

Started by Fire Wraith, Nov 29, 2015, 04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire Wraith

So it was approximately ten years ago, in November of 2005, that we officially went live with CD. While the server/module has had some ups and downs, we've been up pretty much since that time in roughly the same form we're in now. Areas have been added, and revamped/rebuilt, players and DMs have come and gone - old friends we miss, and new friends that we still get to welcome, though there have been a few that have been here since the very beginning, Vincent07 among them.

And while I can't tell you what the next year, or five, let alone ten, will bring, I can say that this place will be around as long as people want it to be, and that we'll keep working to make it better, just as everyone who plays here will be working to keep bringing the world it encompasses to life. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Mystic Warden

*launches fireworks and offers cookies* Happy birthday to all of us than! :) With very special thanks to the team who keeps CD up and running! :)
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

whitespirit

Much love and appreciation and gratitude

onivel

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

valiea987

Yay! Ten more years! Ten more years! ^.^

Atomic Twinkie

*Sips coffee* We're old.

Goat

destinysdesire

WOOT! *passes out hugs and cake! *
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Vincent07

Hard to believe it's been so long. A lot has changed, and a lot of people have come and gone. It's been a hell of a fun ride.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Dismus

Woot. So much has happened over the 9.75 (I joined Feb 06) years I have played on and off but,  thank you FW and Vincent for being a constant force for the server over time.

Arya

I played a bit in 06 and then disappeared and returned in 08; I have been around, off and on, since then. Wow. Now I -really- feel old.

I do want to say I am grateful for the friends I have made and maintained in this community. It means a lot. Even if the next few years may take me on different turns.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Garage Trashcan

Arya Kalarathri Avatar
I played a bit in 06 and then disappeared and returned in 08; I have been around, off and on, since then. Wow. Now I -really- feel old.

I do want to say I am grateful for the friends I have made and maintained in this community. It means a lot. Even if the next few years may take me on different turns.

Sincerely,
Arya
This just reminded me that I started in the summer of 07, not 08. I've been here 8 years. I feel old. Somebody hold me.

Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

onivel

Garage Trashcan Avatar
This just reminded me that I started in the summer of 07, not 08. I've been here 8 years. I feel old. Somebody hold me.

*Nikki goes to him* I'll hold you Nikolai  ** SQUEEZE (uses her STR domain powers)**
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

theshobit

I joined in 2010. I was drawn in by the server's potential (and eye-candy); welcomed, helped and encouraged by the community and staff; then, stayed because I became an addict. Let's face it; you leave, but you keep coming back. I'm not sure what you put in these cookies... *shoves more into mouth* ...but I can't stop devouring them and every time I think about... oh, another cookie!

The server seems patched together in places; but it is stitched with a lot of hard work, dedication, and volunteered time. Thank you for all of your... *mindlessly donates more blood and tears* ... love that you've poured into CD, all the bullsh!t you've endured to keep it going, and for becoming family. It shows and it has been paying off, even with all the ups & downs and fluctuating community, which come standard with this sort of endeavor. Love you guys!!! <3

Thank you.